The Poetic Genius of Debra Snell was: Re: Holequote of the Month

  • val2160
    Message 1 of 2 , May 26, 2009

       "No, but there's nothing more painful than a woeful Waldorf tale. BTDT.
      (singing badly again) Ding Dong! The witches live. Ding Dong! The
       Waldorf
      witches live.... High Ho the Dairy 'O. The Waldorf witches
       always........
       live..."

       ( -- Debra Snell, The Hole, Wed May 27, 2009 )

      Why -- do they shut me out of Heaven?
      Did I sing -- too loud?
      But -- I can sing a little "Minor,"
      Timid as a Bird!
      Wouldn't the angels try me --
      Just -- once more --
      Just -- see -- if I troubled them
      But don't -- shut the door!
      Oh, if I -- were the Gentlemen
      In the "White Robes"
      And they -- were the little Hand -- that knocked --
      Could --I forbid?

      Emily Dickenson