A false belief about what you are.

  • Mike helsher
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2009
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4w6GWRyeIU&feature=related

      I know that this simple discourse can be pummeled into intellectual oblivion, but I think it speaks to the fundamentals of anthroposophy, which is intrinsically more complicated, but also simple in it's approach to verify the truth that will set us free. Steiner's first recommendation for spiritual inquiry was to instill reverence in the soul. I think because reverence can only resonate with truth, because, in essence, that is what we are. I should say here that there is a big difference between belief, and reverence. Reverence being akin to an abiding for the question and wonder and mystery of life. As opposed to beliefs that give us some comfort, before we can discern and experience for ourselves, any given concept. I could say that we are compassion, truth, unimprovable Love and all that, but those are just words. Useful in the pointing of direction, or actually non-direction, because really there is no direction in Love. It's just Here, always has been, always will be.

      I am also aware of the luciferic impulse that would run away with this idea, in a new-agey kind of way. As well as the Ahrimanic calculations, that I've already mentioned. I recently drove to Berkley to meet this John Sherman guy in person. He speaks about the Christ impulse, in a non-anthroposophical kind of way. The words may be different, but Thoreau once wrote that the true religion is "that which cannot be spoken."

      And certainly is it so, that we need to keep abreast of the insanity that plagues us, in this time of trial and transition. And for that I am deeply grateful to RS for his so articulate pointing to the direction and the outcome of the insanity that we are allowed to create for ourselves.

      as always, more will be revealed...

      best

      Mike