Re: Rudolf Steiner on Politics and Capitalism (1917)

  • Mike helsher
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2009
      Thanks for the clarity T. I did remember the subtle "love of money" idea, but like most words, IE, Love, money and God, freedom, they get blended into beliefs, much like the temptings of Ari, and Luci here. For most people Love and money mean the same thing. Infantile I know but true. But Love is like "the word" and money is like the words here on this screen.

      I bought some food yesterday; mostly veggies and some fish and eggs. Oh and of coarse some gas, gotta have that gas! But now my life savings is getting stuffed under my bed (I have no accounts with any banks) and I get to go roam the woods with my son and my dog. Lotta interesting trees. My son found out that the big ponderosa pines smell intensely like vanilla if you get right up close to them. So the thought just came to me now that "the best things in life are free" but as soon as I heard the word "free" I wanted to run down to walmart to pinch a penny and get a thrill from getting a great deal on something cheap. So I feel like I should say that the best things in life aren't free. The best things in life are an unmerited gift, like the forest I'm going to walk in, and the trees...

      Best

      Mike