Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Earth as Sun 2

    Message 1 of 188 , May 1, 2009

      Hi Kim and Friends, here is a beginning of what I wish to share regarding Earth/Heart as Sun. When the Countess speaks of the Agriculture Course she is referring to one  in June 1924.

      All good things,

      Dottie

      The Interior of the Earth

      Esoteric Conversations

      Excerpt from a memoir by

      Countess Johanna Keyserlingk

      “The challenge had been given to us during the Agricultural Course to place a spiritual science alongside the science of the universities, as a contribution towards overcoming the ever more threatening rise of materialism …

      There is something more to it than the mere forging of Michael’s Sword. It is a fact that in the occult regions of the earth, what is prepared by the forging of Michael’s Sword is carried to a subterranean Altar in the process – to an Altar which is invisible and which really exists beneath the earth.

      To become acquainted with nature forces under the earth, to get to know the divine beings working in nature, leads to an understanding of the fact that the Michael Sword, in the process of being forged, is really carried to an Altar under the earth. The dead take part in this. It has to be found by sensitive souls. It is necessary that you get involved and work together so that more and more souls find the Michael Sword. It only becomes effective when it is found. Be strong and modest in your self – assurance that, as young people, you are called by destiny to seek for Michael’s Sword, to find it and carry it out into the world.

      ***

      At the close of the lecture Rudolf Steiner walked round the circle to say goodbye. He went to each one and not only gave them his hand, but he took every hand that was offered him in both of his, as though sealing a bond with them. It was like a solemn commitment to a soul pledge of faithfulness to serve the spiritual tasks of our time.

      We did not suspect at the time that his handshake was, for most of us, a leave-taking from him for the rest of our lives.

      These words were spoken to the young people because it is they who have forces for the future, impulses which penetrate into the soul and at the same time into the interior of the earth. For one’s own inner being is also the interior of the earth into which we can all penetrate. In this way the Altar will be found by following the path and teaching of St. John. Rudolf Steiner made this appeal many times and one can truthfully say that the Anthroposophical Society was on the point of failure through the neglect of this advice. It is not head forces but the heart forces fructified from the depths which will be able to lead us out of the present crisis.

      According to Rudolf Steiner it is, therefore, not only a matter of developing the forces of iron within us, but of penetrating down into the depths of the soul, to the ground of the world where the Altar stands in objective reality. The forging of the Sword and the placing of it on the subterranean Altar was - the deed of Michael working with the dead – but finding it must be done by the living.

      It requires courage and truthfulness to pierce the depths of one’s own soul world. There one encounters the Apocalyptic Beasts. The abyss of one’s own soul darkness is revealed – and human beings are afraid of that. ‘It is fear’ Rudolf Steiner once proclaimed, ‘which prevents man from penetrating into his own soul depths!’ If this warning had been heeded a true Rosicrucianism would have been able to oppose the storm of materialism because, being deeply anchored in the fundament of the soul, it would have been linked together with the Godhead. People prefer, however, to persuade themselves that a command of material life is the most important thing. One therefore drowns the call of one’s

       own soul which sounds a warning from the depths – and one stays on the surface. Frau von Moltke once said  to Rudolf Steiner: ‘People are unable to penetrate into the depths!’ ‘No,’ said Rudolf Steiner decisively, ‘they do not want to’. Man’s will has become free – he is able to decide for himself which direction to take. The agricultural lectures were thus given a solemn ending.

      Rudolf Steiner had the kindness to come up to my room where he spoke to me about the kingdom in the interior of the earth. We know that at the moment when Christ’s blood flowed down on to the earth at Golgotha a new sun-globe was born in the earth’s interior. My search had always been directed to the study of the earth’s depth, for I had seen a golden kernel light up within the earth – named by Ptolemy the primeval sun. These golden depths I could only connect with that land which Rudolf Steiner said had been hidden from the sight of man, and that Christ would open the gates in order to lead those who seek for it to the submerged fairy tale land of Shambhalla, of which the Indians dream.”

    • write3chairs
      Message 188 of 188 , May 8, 2009
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, dottie zold wrote:

        > Ottmar, we  had the good fortune to have Ehrenfried's
        > original painting of the heart that is mentioned in the
        > lecture: he stated that if one did not understand anything
        > he said if they would but just ponder the painting they
        > would understand. I walked up to the painting and just
        > began sobbing for some strange reason. I have a photo
        > of the painting and will put it in my photo part on AT.
        > I want to have it professionaly photographed and put to
        > the proper size for all future conferences as it is quite incredible.
        >
        > All good things,
        > Dottie

        Dottie, is this the same photo you posted here recently,
        in one of your messages? I couldn't find it in the photo
        section. Please let us know where we can find it!

        Thanks,
        Jenny