Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Meat-eating in the light of anthroposophy

  • Sue Mohler
    Message 1 of 65 , Apr 30, 2009
      I read that the Dalai Lama has said he tried to give up meat but
      constitutionally he could not. He would get ill and his Drs. advised him
      to eat meat...
      Sue

      write3chairs wrote:

      > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:anthroposophy_tomorrow%40yahoogroups.com>, "Frank Thomas

      > > > I was only quoting the Doctor with no comment.
      > > > And the Doctor's bottom line is that you don't
      > > > need to stop eating something unless it makes you
      > > > nauseous.
      > > >
      > > > Tarjei
      > > >
      > > Nix. What he's saying (imho) is that the reason for
      > > not eating meat shouldn't be egoistic, only health fe,
      > > but a realization that meat is the flesh of murdered
      > > sentient creatures, an understanding which should
      > > disgust you when such disgusting things as cheeseburgers
      > > are on your plate.
      > > Frank
      >
      > Ah, Frank! I see you gave them up long ago. How about fish?
      >
      > These are actually just rhetorical questions. I really
      > have no interest or curiosity about what is or isn't on
      > your plate. (No offense. It's just that it's your business,
      > not mine.) I think Dr. Steiner's approach to food is
      > pretty sensible. My brother recently got salmonella
      > poisoning from eating steak tartar, which is something
      > I wouldn't come near. On the other hand, I do still eat
      > meat, although not as much anymore. (I love cheeseburgers.)
      >
      > Jenny
      >
      > _

    • holderlin66
      Message 65 of 65 , May 11, 2009
        But you win the "Rudolf"
        (anthropop Oscar) for the worst poem written in the 5th post-Atlantis
        cultural
        age.

        Bradford comments;

        I accept that honor. I found that while Tarjei sent a juvenile missive,
        I thought, well I would respond in kind. I made as little effort as my
        poet pen pal Tarjei and I just wasn't in the mood to be as funny and
        full of sarcasm as I should have been. I apparently wasn't on my game,
        so I accept this award along with my other trophies for all my other
        pitiful performances and hope that there are still sloppy, crappy poets
        out there who can scale and overcome my sterling achievements. I look
        forward to the contests.