James Loewen

  • write3chairs@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2009
      Kim, after I heard you say something about understanding "the underlying currents of history today," I thought about a book I purchased years ago, mostly for my daughter's benefit. That book is "Lies My Teacher Told Me." The author has written other books since then, but that one in particular made an impression on me. Here is a link to his website, if you are interested. I like what he has to say, mainly because he encourages people to think about what is being taught. He also reminds us that "history" is being made in every moment.

      http://www.uvm.edu/~jloewen/

      Jenny