Guidance in Esoteric Training

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2004
      Hey Everyone,

      Well, I was reading this today and found this passage. It is truly
      disheartening to me that someone such as Peter could actually
      misunderstand a mans work so badly that he negates all evidence to
      the contrary. Anyhow, I thought to share this beautiful piece today.

      Guidance In Esoteric Training: page 92
      "In a humble and modest way we should feel gratified that we have
      been deemed worthy of taking part in the Esoteric School. It is not
      by chance that we arrived at this point. The fact that we sought it
      and were granted access to it should prove to us that we have already
      been striving in this direction over several lifetimes. The outer
      world can no longer fulfil us; we cannot be wholly absorbed by it. If
      we could have been we would not have sought the path that led us
      here. The outer world represents the full flourishing of the Fifth
      Root Race; along side this flourishing, the morning light of the
      Sixth Day, or the Sixth Root Race, is already dawning. This will be a
      far more spiritual one; the spiritual body will become far more
      developed. It will be the first flowering of what will come to full
      fruitionin the Sixth Root Race. We who take part in the Esoteric
      School belong to the dawning light of the Sixth Day; we follow and
      serve the great Master who guides its progress. Our task is to create
      and give birth to this spiritual body out of our selves. Our physical
      body is not our 'I'; we should not identify ourselves with it. We
      recieved it in the solid mineral form in which it now is, as a tool
      for accomplishing the tasks of the Fifth Root Race. We must form and
      take hold of it as our tool; our I should be master of it. In earlier
      times our I had a differently formed tool. The body of the Fourth
      Root Race, the Atlantean, had not yet experienced the seperation of
      sun and rain; it moved through undulating mists. It was in many
      respectes differently constituted - yet our I was the same. Even more
      different were the bodies of the Lemurian race, particulary in the
      initial stages; they floated and hovered in a watery, airy element.
      The same I was working upon them. Our physical body is born of the
      macrocosm. The outer world formed it; out of our physical body our I
      must give birth to the spiritual body. Our spiritual body is named
      Atma. Atma means 'breath'. By means of regulated breathing in
      meditation, we build up our spiritual body. We really breathe our I
      in and out with every breath."