Re: The Bishop-President

  • Mike helsher
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 14, 2009
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith" <eltrigal78@...> wrote:

      > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Mike helsher" <mhelsher@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith" <eltrigal78@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/14/world/americas/14paraguay.html?ref=world
      > > >
      > > > This is of course much bigger news here than it is in the first (sic) world.
      > > > What the above story doesn't say is that the affair with the woman had been going on since she was 16 years old, when Lugo was still a bishop. What interests me most is the public's reaction. Actually it has made him more popular than ever, and his "honesty" in admitting it is praised. It's the difference between the Catholic Latin world and the Protestant Anglo-Saxon one. In the former things like this are shrugged off with a smile and jokes. In the latter careers are junked. Hypocrisy, it seems, is less prevalent in the Latin world. What does this have to do with spiritual science? Nothing, except I remember when a married Vorstand member had an affair with a eurythmist -- and also survived.
      > > > Frank
      > > >

      > > Thx Frank, the way I'm seeing things lately, everything has everything to do with spiritual science. But I could be wrong, and usually am, and always was. I dunno, is forgiveness in light of the fact that we all have to bear karmic consequence, not an aspect of spiritual science? If so I'm quitting the club and going out to find a better club to join....:)
      > >
      > > Mike
      > >
      > A noble sentiment, Mike, but irrelevant in the context of the bishop-president-lover, which I "offered" (love that word)as a hilarious socio-religio-ethical phenomenon. If you're looking for a new club, I suggest one which wouldn't accept you (or me)if it knew what it was doing.
      > Frank

      Noble sentiment irrelevant? That smells like "naive realism" to me...:) Guess I shoulda read the story along with your take on it. Here I am blabbing about discernment and writing noble sentiment about something that I don't have a full understanding of...oh what a tangled web I weave! hamlet was right! "believe none of us!"

      Best

      Mike