Re: Christ and the Maya Calendar the case Robert Powell

  • Robert Mason
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 9, 2009
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Kees hotmail" <K_Kromme@...> wrote:
      [snip]
      > As I wrote before, much more is to say about/against this Powell book. Every
      > human makes mistakes. Thats no problem at all. When clean Michaelic thoughts
      > can help us to overcome mistakes, we must be glad. But what if man will stay
      > by the "Widerspr├╝che" (contradictions)? What is an enemy of anthroposophy?
      > Are the counterforces not in each of us?
      [snip]
      > Thus far only Lutz and Kees were reakting to each other. Are there readers
      > of this discussion who want to investigate in the discussion too? You are
      > welcome! If above is described "the biggest secret of our time", why then
      > not participating in its revelation, even on the medium internet?

      Robert writes:

      Kees, I appreciate the work that you have done
      to apply some critical thinking to the work of
      Robert Powell; there's been far too little of
      any real *thinking* on this subject, as far as
      I have seen. I don't know why Powell is allowed
      such a free run in Anthro circles, especially
      since Proky's and Lazarides' book many years
      ago should have put Anthros on notice. I did
      make a small effort in this direction recently
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/anthroposophy_tomorrow/message/38147>
      -- in this post I did mention the exchange
      between you and Lutz. I did benefit from that,
      but I didn't understand it all; I read German
      very poorly. And I don't have any of Powell's
      books now.

      In the same vein: IMO Proky himself gets far
      too much of a free run from Anthros; the most
      notable exception being the book by the late
      Irina Gordienko
      <http://lochmann-verlag.com/gordienko%20info%20a.htm>
      -- but that's ten years old now. It seems not
      to have been taken seriously enough; Proky is
      on the Vorstand now, still publishing big books
      and lecturing all over the place under the
      auspices of the Dornach Society. I've read
      some of his books years ago (and far too
      uncritically) but now I have only his recent
      little book on Tomberg and a few chapters
      from his first Tomberg book.

      Maybe Ben Aharon gets too much of a free run
      also? I don't know; I read a couple of his
      books many years ago (again, far too
      uncritically), but I haven't studied him even
      as closely as I have Powell and Proky -- and
      even that's not very much.

      And now I'm getting very little time online,
      so I'm not in a position to carry on much
      of an investigative discussion here and now.
      But I do *very* much agree that we need to
      look out for *contradictions*, even, and
      especially, in the writings published by
      the Anthro presses. As STEINER SAID,
      Lucifer and Ahriman enter us when we tolerate
      contradictions in our thinking.

      Robert Mason
    • Cheese Curve
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 10, 2009
        Robert thanks you for the reply!
        interessting fact is that my comments on Powell
        are sent by Lutz (long ago) to Powell and he used this comments to "repair" the described book in the new outcoming since then,
        so many of the errors will probably not be found in the later outcoming title, or no more so clear disposed

        I dont know if I have to be so very happy with this fact(;-)

        thanks for your links beyond, I am going to read them soon

        greetz Kees

        To: anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com
        From: robertsmason_99@...
        Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 18:18:22 +0000
        Subject: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Christ and the Maya Calendar the case Robert Powell

        Robert writes:

[...]

        Alle tips en trics. Ontdek nu de nieuwe Windows Live