Biodynamic and Steiner's Agricultural Course

  • holderlin66
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2009

      Dear Friends of Organic,

      I received this letter from our friend, Dr. Incao today. If the law he
      refers to is passed, it seems to herald the end of the organic movement
      in this country. Urgent action is required to prevent this. Please send
      this letter on to everyone in your personal/professional network that
      cares about organic farming and urge them to take action towards their
      local Congress representative.

      By acting swiftly now, we hope that this assault on the organic movement
      can still be stopped.

      Warm regards,

      Bradford

      Dear Friends:
      I am sending you this information about a bill that puts organic farming
      in jeopardy. Please read about it and put in your word of protest.

      Thanks,

      Philip Incao

      US House and Senate are about (in a week and a half) to vote on bill
      that will OUTLAW ORGANIC FARMING (bill HR 875). There is an enormous
      rush to get this into law within the next 2 weeks before people realize
      what is happening.

      Main backer and lobbyist is (guess who) Monsanto – chemical and genetic
      engineering giant corporation. This bill will require organic farms to
      use specific fertilizers and poisonous insect sprays dictated by the
      newly formed agency to "make sure there is no danger to the public food
      supply". This will include backyard gardens that grow food only for a
      family and not for sales.

      If this passes then NO more heirloom clean seeds but only Monsanto
      genetically altered seeds that are now showing up with unexpected
      diseases in humans.

      There is a video on the subject.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thE54K3PaTY

      And another one:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeWVkTU1s1E

      The name on this outrageous food plan is Food Safety Modernization Act
      of 2009 (bill HR 875).

      THIS IS REAL, FOLKS! PASS THIS ALONG TO ALL CONCERNED ON YOUR MAILING
      LISTS & CALL YOUR SENATE REPRESENTETIVES TODAY! Get on that phone and
      burn up the wires. Get anyone else you can to do the same thing. The
      House and Senate WILL pass this if they are not massively threatened
      with loss of their position.... They only fear your voice and your vote.

      The best thing to do is go to www.house.gov/writerep
      <http://www.house.gov/writerep> <http://www.house.gov/writerep> all you
      have to do is put in your zip and it will give you your congressperson
      and how to get in touch with them. When you call their office someone
      will answer the phone, just tell them (politely) that you are calling to
      express your views on HR 875. Tell them your views, they'll take your
      name and address and pass your comments along to the congressperson. The
      following
      linkhttp://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm
      is a list of the U.S. senators and their contact info.

      Philip F. Incao, MD
      Steiner Holistic Medicine
      P.O. Box 894
      276 North Spruce St.
      Crestone, CO 81131-0894
      Phone/Fax: 719-256-5647
      philip@... mailto:philip@...

    • James Stewart
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 6, 2009
        I believe this is false:

        from The Huffington Post, an article with many good links.
                   The HR 875 Food Safety Modernization Act Scare
        http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dave-johnson/the-hr-875-food-safety-mo_b_183096.html

                 One of the links goes to a good article at the Secret Farm blog:
                         http://blogumentary.typepad.com/secretfarm/2009/03/hr-875.html
        What I think is behind the " propaganda" perhaps, is fear. We have just come off of 8 years of perhaps the most secretive govt. this country has ever seen, an administration that gave us good reason to not trust (ie "Clear Skies", "No Child Left Behind" etc. ) and I think we are all a little shell shocked. Too willing to believe that there must be some evil plot behind any new bill or law to take away our freedom. I think we all need to take a step back and do a little research before passing on info that sounds "too bad to be true". I have to admit, I am guilty of this as well, and I am trying to take my own advice.

        also:  Monsanto and HR 875, Take Two
          http://crooksandliars.com/nonny-mouse/monsanto-and-hr-875-take-two

        To set the record straight:

        There is no language in HR 875 that would regulate, penalize, or shut down backyard gardens or ‘criminalize’ gardeners; the bill focuses on ensuring the safety of food in interstate commerce.

        and a good place to check warnings like this:
          http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/h/hr875organicban.htm
        A spokesperson for Congresswoman DeLauro told Truthorfiction.com that these claims are false and that a myths and facts information sheet on HR 875 has been posted on her web site.

        Rep. DeLauro HR 875 fact sheet:
        http://delauro.house.gov/files/HR875_Myths_Facts1.pdf

        JDS

        philip@drincao. com mailto:philip@ drincao.com

      • val2160
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 6, 2009
          Dear James,

          I wouldn't say it's false. What Bradford said is, "If the law he
          refers to is passed, it seems to herald the end of the organic movement
          in this country." Well, I kind of like that-the heralding of the
          beginning of the end-I guess time will tell. Philip called the proposed
          legislation, " a bill that puts organic farming in jeopardy." I'd say
          both of these statements are valid given the incremental and progressive
          nature of legislation. -Val
        • val2160
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 6, 2009
          • val2160
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 6, 2009
              I find this bill  concerning for a variety of reasons. Here is one:

              (1) adopt and implement a national system for the registration of food establishments and foreign food establishments, as provided in section 202 of this Act;

              (2) adopt and implement a national system for regular unannounced inspection of food establishments;