Small clarifications

  • Ingemar Nordwall
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20, 2009
      With regard to the background to the story by Zooey, that I have described, maybe I should clarify some details, in case Zooey/Alicia disagrees that it disproves her statement that

      "Sune, quite unwisely, claimed that one of the essays there was written as a part of something academic), it all turned out to be pretty much unverifiable." (referring to http://thebee.se/SCIENCE/Science.html)

      I wrote:

      "The courses I wanted to take were not all given the term I studied (Spring of 1980), as there were too few students."

      That is what I remember as the reason given by the Prof (head of the Philosophy of Science institution, one of the wto profs on he subject in Sweden at the time) now 28 years ago, for asking me to write a paper instead of taking the three courses it replaced.

      According to the critic that described the academic records, "eight other persons were registered and were given marks for diverse partial course exams the same term" (the second term of the main course on Philosophy of Science at the institution during the Spring of 1980. The critic did not in te discussion tell which partial courses the exams referred to.

      Whether this means that all the three partial courses, that the study for my paper replaced, also were given during that specific term, or if the students who received marks for the course exams already had been given the courses earlier, but not written the exams until the Spring of 1980 is not clear from this.

      What is clear is that the Prof. asked me to write a paper as a substitute for taking the specific three courses it replaced. that I did this and that he approved of my paper (corresponding to 13 of the (in principle) 20 weeks of academic study/term at that time.

      Also, I wrote that "I had been given well approved' by the Prof. as mark for the paper as substitute for the three courses he had asked me to write instead of taking". That's what he told me at the time. What he registered in the academic records was that I had been given "well approved" for the three partial course my paper replaced.

      Just to make the situation clear, if Zooey/Alicia comes to think of commenting of my description of the situaiton at the time as disproving her description of my paper.

      Get the Free email that has everyone talking at http://www.mail2world.com
      Unlimited Email Storage – POP3 – Calendar – SMS – Translator – Much More!