List of famous (sic) waldorf school graduates

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 6, 2009
    • write3chairs
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 7, 2009
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith" wrote:

        > http://www.diewaldorfs.waldorf.net/list.html

        How bad can Waldorf be if Clint Eastwood sent
        his daughter to kindergarten there?

        Jennifer
      • val2160
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 10, 2009
          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith" <eltrigal78@...> wrote:

          > http://www.diewaldorfs.waldorf.net/list.html

          According to  Jerry Oppenheimer, Martha Stewart's daughter Alexis attended the Rudolf Steiner School in NY.-Val
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 10, 2009
            --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "val2160" <wdenval@...> wrote:

            > According to Jerry Oppenheimer, Martha Stewart's daughter Alexis
            > attended the Rudolf Steiner School in NY.-Val

            Any Devil's Advocate from the Abyss would retort that Martha Stewart is a convicted felon (for lying to the feds about why she sold some stocks), so it's no wonder she sends her kids to schools run by liars, crooks, criminals, pretenders, drug pushers, murderers, cutthroats, nuts, fruitcakes, bananas, space cadets, wackos, punks, and abusive charlatans masquerading as schoolteachers.

            Tarjei
          • val2160
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 10, 2009
              <coolvibes@...> wrote:

              > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "val2160" wdenval@
              > wrote:
              >
              > > According to Jerry Oppenheimer, Martha Stewart's daughter Alexis
              > > attended the Rudolf Steiner School in NY.-Val
              >
              > Any Devil's Advocate from the Abyss would retort that Martha Stewart
              is
              > a convicted felon (for lying to the feds about why she sold some
              > stocks), so it's no wonder she sends her kids to schools run by liars,
              > crooks, criminals, pretenders, drug pushers, murderers, cutthroats,
              > nuts, fruitcakes, bananas, space cadets, wackos, punks, and abusive
              > charlatans masquerading as schoolteachers.
              >
              > Tarjei

              I didn't see her on the list. I considered a reading failure on my part
              and an error on the part of Jerry Oppenheimer as possible reasons. But
              now in light of the above I must also contemplate the possibility that
              Alexis did attend a Steiner school but is not named on the list BECAUSE
              her mother is a felon. -Val
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 10, 2009
                Frankly, I take off my hat for that lady, being shamefully railroaded by the feds that way and putting up with the humiliation of six monts in prison plus another six months with a chain thing on her foot, at her age, and then she bounces back and gets on with her cooking show. That gal's got grit.

                Nobody can make me believe that a billionnaire would break the law for something in that neighborhood of a lousy fifty grand. It's the infamous FBI again, out to score some cheap points by using a celeb as a trophy if you ask me.

                Tarjei

                --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "val2160" <wdenval@...> wrote:

                > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "elfuncle"
                > coolvibes@ wrote:
                > >

                > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "val2160" wdenval@
                > > wrote:
                > >
                > > > According to Jerry Oppenheimer, Martha Stewart's daughter Alexis
                > > > attended the Rudolf Steiner School in NY.-Val
                > >
                > > Any Devil's Advocate from the Abyss would retort that Martha Stewart
                > is
                > > a convicted felon (for lying to the feds about why she sold some
                > > stocks), so it's no wonder she sends her kids to schools run by liars,
                > > crooks, criminals, pretenders, drug pushers, murderers, cutthroats,
                > > nuts, fruitcakes, bananas, space cadets, wackos, punks, and abusive
                > > charlatans masquerading as schoolteachers.
                > >
                > > Tarjei
                >
                > I didn't see her on the list. I considered a reading failure on my part
                > and an error on the part of Jerry Oppenheimer as possible reasons. But
                > now in light of the above I must also contemplate the possibility that
                > Alexis did attend a Steiner school but is not named on the list BECAUSE
                > her mother is a felon. -Val

              • JoAnn Schwartz
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 10, 2009
                  Val:
                  > I didn't see her on the list. I considered a reading
                  > failure on my part and an error on the part of Jerry
                  > Oppenheimer as possible reasons. But now in light of
                  > the above I must also contemplate the possibility that
                  > Alexis did attend a Steiner school but is not named on the
                  > list BECAUSE her mother is a felon.

                  Yeah. Or it could be that the list is just incomplete. It's not clear to me how the list was compiled. For example, I did not notice Veronica Webb (supermodel and Detroit Waldorf School grad) on the list. Her being an alum is no secret -- heck, it's in her Wikipedia entry! We have another alum who was/is a VP for Marketing down at Coca-Cola in Atlanta. Didn't see him on the list either.

                  Just sayin'

                  JoAnn

                  I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused.
                  -- Elvis Costello