Re: CIA Dummheit

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2009
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "write3chairs" <write3chairs@...> wrote:

      > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith" wrote:
      >
      > > The CIA ain't exactly a loving or loved institution...
      >
      > This is true, nor is the FBI particularly embraced, generally.

      Well, J. Edgar Hoover was an absolute jerk and his legacy screams bloody murder to high heaven. For this reason, the FBI should have been closed down when he died (1974?) and replaced by a new federal crime agency with a different name. As far as I'm concerned, the FBI will always have JEH's injustices and abuses of power in their bags, like when they tried to browbeat Martin Luther King into committing suicide and crushed the Black Panther Party with extremely dirty tricks. And even recently, during the Bush years, the FBI has been intimidating housewives with phone calls because they had arranged garden party meetings to discuss war and politics. They're supposed to concentrate on finding missing children and such, but their priority seems to be harassment of political dissidents in the US.

      About the CIA, read the late Phillip Agee (1935-2008)! I first read a lot about this whistleblower in the seventies. Before he came out at that time, nobody outside the CIA knew about the coups and other nasty deeds they were doing, not even Congress I suspect.

      Just my 2 cents.