Re: The Boat of Isis and Reincarnation

  • write3chairs
    Message 1 of 71 , Mar 1, 2009
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, dottie zold wrote:

      > Jennifer, I have been thinking how to respond to your thoughts
      > on reincarnation and one knowing one's biography. I have noted
      > I did not just jump in my usual manner....I must be growing up finally!

      Bad habit of mine, too, Dottie! To speak without giving enough
      thought to what is said. Case in point: I just wrote a thing to Frank
      that I now fear could very easily be misinterpreted or twisted to
      mean something totally different than what I was actually thinking.
      Will cross that bridge if it ever materializes. I am glad you came
      back to this topic because I also worried that I approached it in
      a way that very well could have come across as flippant or even
      arrogant. I willingly admit my ignorance and stupidity in certain
      matters. But fortunately these (i&s) are actually our best teachers.

      > But I have some thoughts on how it is that we come to understand
      > our biographies, but more importantly the ongoing stream of our
      > own development. For those of us who may not have had these
      > great historical figures as our own biographies we must consider
      > that we too have played a very important part in the whole scheme
      > of things just by the fact that we find ourselves studying spiritual
      > science, the Michaelic Intelligence, layed bare by Rudolf Steiner.
      >
      > In that, whether or not we come to a specific biography, we must
      > come to an ongoing thread of who we are, where we have been,
      > who those are that share our lives, and what we are learning about
      > ourselves through them. When we pull all these threads together
      > we come to an understanding of what our purpose is for this lifetime.
      > And this purpose is directly in line with our past biographies.
      > And when we really want to understand our lives, our impulses,
      > what we are developing in ourselves, we start to see this overview
      > of why each person is in our life and why each trial and tribulation is here.

      Yes, when we really *want* to understand something, have the will
      to seek understanding, I think that is when the doors start to open.

      > When we come to understand these things in our heart and our
      > mind we find that our life takes on greater meaning and the
      > meaning seems to me to be about love, a deep and abiding love,
      > and gratefulness for each and every single person in our lives.
      >
      > And another thing I just realized, I realized that when we find
      > our biography the important dates link up as well. I have noted
      > specific dates where I understood specific moments of enlightenment
      > or something new occurring that shows me I am ready for the next
      > level, or for a further understanding of freedom. I have so been
      > looking for freedom lately. And it came to me on a specific date
      > this past month. I wondered why this specific date I new I was free.
      > And then one week later it moved into full manifestation that
      > I was free. And then I just found how it was in a past biography
      > that that exact date! is the same date I found my freedom towards
      > my purpose in a previous life. Incredible to me.

      That is astonishing, Dottie, and I would love to hear more details,
      specific ones. Are you at liberty to share actual dates and how they
      line up? In my own life, I have a vague sense of the significance of
      dates, but it's more along the lines of just being aware that a certain
      date has meaning, or that particular numbers are important in my life.

      > These numbers really matter. These dates do count. I have found
      > that they speak to some rhythm in the human being and their
      > ongoing development. Now, I do not know why it is that this date
      > means so much in the whole realm of things other than maybe
      > it has spirit import regarding the position of the stars during
      > a specific time period in man's evolution that seems to line up
      > with that understanding.
      >
      > All good things and much love,
      > Dottie
      >
      > "If there is something more powerful than destiny, this must be
      > the human being who bears destiny unshaken." Rudolf Steiner

      Okay, this might or might not be related, as far as rhythm goes.
      Earlier today I sat watching two pieces of a burned wick float
      around in the melted wax of the candle I have burning. These
      two tiny particles were very active in the wax, turning over and
      over as if in a repetitive dance of attraction and repulsion.
      I pulled them out with the end of a wooden match and it stopped.

      Jennifer
    • val2160
      Message 71 of 71 , Mar 10, 2009
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, DB <laquerencia33@...> wrote:

        > I'm not sure but I'm thinking this:
        >
        > <Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear.
        > Fuzzy wuzzy had no hair.
        > Fuzzy wuzzy wasn't fuzzy,
        > Was he?>
        >
        > might have something to do with analyses like this:
        >

        > http://www.zcommunications.org/znet/viewArticle/20702
        >
        > Obama's Violin
        > by Paul Street
        >

        > This article reviews Barack Obama's record since the day of his
        > election. That record, we shall see, is deeply consistent with his
        > record-setting corporate election funding, including more than $900,000
        > from Goldman Sachs and $37.5 million from "FIRE" (the finance, real
        > estate, and insurance industries), and with the fact that like, George
        > W, Bush in 2004, small donors (people giving a total of $200 or less)
        > accounted for just a quarter of his total campaign finance haul.
        >
        > It matches former Clinton administration official David Rothkopf's early
        > post-election observation that Obama was following the "violin model:
        > you hold power with the left hand and you play the music with the right."

        The right hand is created out of confidence and is meant for work. The left hand is created out of love and is made for blessing. -Rudolf Steiner