CIA Dummheit

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 27, 2009
      Panetta (sp?), Obama's new head of the CIA told the press that he
      advised the President that the economic situation could (or is..I
      forget) cause instability in Latin America, especially in Argentina,
      Ecuador and Venezuela. It's caused a huge stink here, the govt calling
      it absurd, disrespectful, false, immature, intervening in eternal
      affairs, etc. etc. dressing down the ambassador. Of course the
      economic situation is causing problems here and I assume in Ecuador
      and Venezuela as well, but the latter 2 are at odds with the U.S. and
      Argentina definitely is not...until now. And everyone loves
      Obama...until now. And "instability" here means falling govts., coups,
      terrorism. So where is that guy's brain? Just saying it, in his
      position, can help it to happen.
      Just letting off steam.
      Frank
    • write3chairs
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 27, 2009
        wrote:

        > Panetta (sp?), Obama's new head of the CIA told the press that he
        > advised the President that the economic situation could (or is..I
        > forget) cause instability in Latin America, especially in Argentina,
        > Ecuador and Venezuela. It's caused a huge stink here, the govt calling
        > it absurd, disrespectful, false, immature, intervening in eternal
        > affairs, etc. etc. dressing down the ambassador. Of course the
        > economic situation is causing problems here and I assume in Ecuador
        > and Venezuela as well, but the latter 2 are at odds with the U.S. and
        > Argentina definitely is not...until now. And everyone loves
        > Obama...until now. And "instability" here means falling govts., coups,
        > terrorism. So where is that guy's brain? Just saying it, in his
        > position, can help it to happen.
        > Just letting off steam.
        > Frank

        This is intriguing because it shows how much influence "one voice" can
        have. A guy says something - in this case, the CIA (talking) head
        offering what seems to be merely information or an opinion - and that
        something gets passed around and chewed on, digested by many other
        someones, and before long governments and institutions come crumbling
        down, all because that ONE GUY opened his big fat mouth.

        Maybe we ought to all take vows of silence, to prevent trouble.

        Jennifer
      • val2160
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 27, 2009
          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "write3chairs" <write3chairs@...> wrote:

          > wrote:
          >
          > > Panetta (sp?), Obama's new head of the CIA told the press that he
          > > advised the President that the economic situation could (or is..I
          > > forget) cause instability in Latin America, especially in Argentina,
          > > Ecuador and Venezuela. It's caused a huge stink here, the govt calling
          > > it absurd, disrespectful, false, immature, intervening in eternal
          > > affairs, etc. etc. dressing down the ambassador. Of course the
          > > economic situation is causing problems here and I assume in Ecuador
          > > and Venezuela as well, but the latter 2 are at odds with the U.S. and
          > > Argentina definitely is not...until now. And everyone loves
          > > Obama...until now. And "instability" here means falling govts., coups,
          > > terrorism. So where is that guy's brain? Just saying it, in his
          > > position, can help it to happen.
          > > Just letting off steam.
          > > Frank
          >
          > This is intriguing because it shows how much influence "one voice" can
          > have. A guy says something - in this case, the CIA (talking) head
          > offering what seems to be merely information or an opinion - and that
          > something gets passed around and chewed on, digested by many other
          > someones, and before long governments and institutions come crumbling
          > down, all because that ONE GUY opened his big fat mouth.
          >
          > Maybe we ought to all take vows of silence, to prevent trouble.
          >
          > Jennifer

          Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear.

          Fuzzy wuzzy had no hair.

          Fuzzy wuzzy wasn't fuzzy,

          Was he?

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 28, 2009
            <write3chairs@...> wrote:

            > wrote:
            >
            > > Panetta (sp?), Obama's new head of the CIA told the press that he
            > > advised the President that the economic situation could (or is..I
            > > forget) cause instability in Latin America, especially in Argentina,
            > > Ecuador and Venezuela. It's caused a huge stink here, the govt calling
            > > it absurd, disrespectful, false, immature, intervening in eternal
            > > affairs, etc. etc. dressing down the ambassador. Of course the
            > > economic situation is causing problems here and I assume in Ecuador
            > > and Venezuela as well, but the latter 2 are at odds with the U.S. and
            > > Argentina definitely is not...until now. And everyone loves
            > > Obama...until now. And "instability" here means falling govts., coups,
            > > terrorism. So where is that guy's brain? Just saying it, in his
            > > position, can help it to happen.
            > > Just letting off steam.
            > > Frank
            >
            > This is intriguing because it shows how much influence "one voice" can
            > have. A guy says something - in this case, the CIA (talking) head
            > offering what seems to be merely information or an opinion - and that
            > something gets passed around and chewed on, digested by many other
            > someones, and before long governments and institutions come crumbling
            > down, all because that ONE GUY opened his big fat mouth.
            >
            > Maybe we ought to all take vows of silence, to prevent trouble.
            >
            > Jennifer

            The CIA ain't exactly a loving or loved institution...especially
            around here. They're already wondering what could be behind it, what
            new conspiracy is brewing - unable to accept that anyone could just be
            so dumb. Imo Obama should shred the CIA and create an entirely new
            intelligence organization - small, smart and beautiful.
            Frank
          • write3chairs
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 1, 2009
              --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith" wrote:

              > The CIA ain't exactly a loving or loved institution...

              This is true, nor is the FBI particularly embraced, generally.
              But that's a different topic. It's come up with me lately in various
              ways, though. One came through an overheard snippet on the
              news about Bill Moyers saying something in the 1960's, I think
              it was '64, to the FBI, which prompted an investigation of people
              who he suspected of being gay. This was when Moyers worked
              for LBJ. Well, that simply wouldn't fly in today's world. But back
              then, the American Psychiatric Association considered homosexuality
              to be a disorder and it was listed thus in the current DSM of that
              time. (It was removed as a disorder in 1973.) So, it wasn't just
              Moyers who was concerned about "disordered" people in high
              positions. (And lord knows we have more than enough of those,
              right?) Fortunately, ideas evolve over time and yet Moyers is now
              "in the news" because of those things he said in 1964. Why now?
              Why is it coming out now? Because the news is just now being
              made public via the Freedom of Information Act, apparently.

              > especially
              > around here. They're already wondering what could be behind it, what
              > new conspiracy is brewing - unable to accept that anyone could just be
              > so dumb. Imo Obama should shred the CIA and create an entirely new
              > intelligence organization - small, smart and beautiful.
              > Frank

              Small, smart, and beautiful. Yes. A sleek new well-oiled
              intelligence machine is long overdue in America, for sure.

              Jennifer
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 1, 2009
                --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "write3chairs" <write3chairs@...> wrote:

                > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith" wrote:
                >
                > > The CIA ain't exactly a loving or loved institution...
                >
                > This is true, nor is the FBI particularly embraced, generally.

                Well, J. Edgar Hoover was an absolute jerk and his legacy screams bloody murder to high heaven. For this reason, the FBI should have been closed down when he died (1974?) and replaced by a new federal crime agency with a different name. As far as I'm concerned, the FBI will always have JEH's injustices and abuses of power in their bags, like when they tried to browbeat Martin Luther King into committing suicide and crushed the Black Panther Party with extremely dirty tricks. And even recently, during the Bush years, the FBI has been intimidating housewives with phone calls because they had arranged garden party meetings to discuss war and politics. They're supposed to concentrate on finding missing children and such, but their priority seems to be harassment of political dissidents in the US.

                About the CIA, read the late Phillip Agee (1935-2008)! I first read a lot about this whistleblower in the seventies. Before he came out at that time, nobody outside the CIA knew about the coups and other nasty deeds they were doing, not even Congress I suspect.

                Just my 2 cents.