Re: Effects of the supersensible on mental illness

  • val2160
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4, 2009
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "leroypatter"
      <leroypatter@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Can anyone give me some titles of anthroposophical books that regard
      > theories on supersensible forces impacting on mental illness please?
      >
      > Thanks.

      I'm not aware of any such theories. Are you? The underlying causative
      force of mental illness would be a physical/organic ailment would it
      not?-Val
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2009
        <leroypatter@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Can anyone give me some titles of anthroposophical books that regard
        > theories on supersensible forces impacting on mental illness please?
        >
        > Thanks.

        Try this:
        http://www.waldorfbooks.com/anthro/psychology.htm
      • Robert Mason
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 6, 2009
          <leroypatter@...> wrote:
          > Can anyone give me some titles of anthroposophical books that regard
          > theories on supersensible forces impacting on mental illness please?

          This question is so general that it's hard not to give
          an answer that is so general as to be useless. But --
          in general -- it would be hard to find Anthroposophical
          information about the supersensible that would *not* in
          some way impact upon questions of mental illness. And
          you don't say how familiar you are with the concepts of
          Anthroposophy. In general -- I would suggest starting
          with the "basic books" and getting a firm grasp on the
          fundamentals before trying to approach more specific
          questions.

          But, to get more specific: I searched the eLib and came
          up with a few lecture-cycles that might be more
          immediately relevant to your concerns. Maybe the cycle
          *Broken Vessels* is most relevant, but there are others
          also. Here's what I found:

          http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/BrkVes_index.html
          http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/PasMed_contents.html
          http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/CurEdu_index.html