Effects of the supersensible on mental illness

  • leroypatter
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4, 2009
      Hi,

      Can anyone give me some titles of anthroposophical books that regard
      theories on supersensible forces impacting on mental illness please?

      Thanks.
    • val2160
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2009
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "leroypatter"
        <leroypatter@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Can anyone give me some titles of anthroposophical books that regard
        > theories on supersensible forces impacting on mental illness please?
        >
        > Thanks.

        I'm not aware of any such theories. Are you? The underlying causative
        force of mental illness would be a physical/organic ailment would it
        not?-Val
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 4, 2009
          <leroypatter@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > Can anyone give me some titles of anthroposophical books that regard
          > theories on supersensible forces impacting on mental illness please?
          >
          > Thanks.

          Try this:
          http://www.waldorfbooks.com/anthro/psychology.htm
        • Robert Mason
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 6, 2009
            <leroypatter@...> wrote:
            > Can anyone give me some titles of anthroposophical books that regard
            > theories on supersensible forces impacting on mental illness please?

            This question is so general that it's hard not to give
            an answer that is so general as to be useless. But --
            in general -- it would be hard to find Anthroposophical
            information about the supersensible that would *not* in
            some way impact upon questions of mental illness. And
            you don't say how familiar you are with the concepts of
            Anthroposophy. In general -- I would suggest starting
            with the "basic books" and getting a firm grasp on the
            fundamentals before trying to approach more specific
            questions.

            But, to get more specific: I searched the eLib and came
            up with a few lecture-cycles that might be more
            immediately relevant to your concerns. Maybe the cycle
            *Broken Vessels* is most relevant, but there are others
            also. Here's what I found:

            http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/BrkVes_index.html
            http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/PasMed_contents.html
            http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/CurEdu_index.html