The Soul's Disposition

    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2009
      Hey Friends, good Sunday to you all.

      I was asking a question to my angel and it I realized that we have different levels of angelic beings we work with...well we already knew that but what I didn't know is that they actually do in fact work like this:

      Archai

      Go to fullsize image

      Archangel

      Go to fullsize image

      Angel

      Go to fullsize image

      Human

      It's a threefold response!

      And then we receive what we can on this horizontal level. For what is below us is coming upward in the sense of the elementals for they already get it.

      So, my thought to my angel was about how it was that some who study the work of Rudolf Steiner and are egoless about whether or not others find their work worthy for deeper contemplation, and then those who seem to have a great ego about their work and the importance of it being accepted by the higher ups, and why it is that some are this way and some are not.

      And my response is that it is the soul's disposition specifically to how it has grown in their ongoing evolutionary path. It's a matter of true submission to the higher evolutionary cause in our world or one that continues to play out for the patting on the back of our lower ego. Are we a people who do the work because it is what lives within us and is our initiative and if so where and how does the lower ego play its part?

      But mostly I just wanted to share the thought that we receive a threefold answer to whatever it is that we are seeking. Our angel is a vital link to the spiritual worlds and our own initiatives and research. The more we are non seeking for ourselves the greater the reach our questions have in the spiritual worlds.

      All good things,

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2009
        Hey Friends,
        I have been working a bit with Rudolf Grosse's book The Christmas Foundation; Beginning of a New Cosmic Age, and I found this portion of the work to be really something to be considered by all of us as we work in this internet realm with our bros and hos :) wow, where did that come from:)!
        Anyhow, funny, anyhow here is the passage:

        The Christmas Foundation; Beginning of a New Cosmic Age

        Rudolf Grosse

        p. 78-79

        “What was the vow made to the spiritual world when the spiritual researcher took on the task of society leader or chairman? He had to vow that earthly personal cares, worries, and duties with all their accompanying disharmony, disagreement and dissension would never be carried over into the spiritual world. Everything he did, everything he suggested or gave to people would have to accord fully with the will and impulses of the spiritual world and mirror its dignity and its laws. The spiritual researcher had to take full responsibility for shielding the spiritual world from everything earthly, destructive or hampering. Rudolf Steiner spoke about this at length in a memorial address for his colleague Edith Maryon:

                       It is not easy to act responsibly within the Anthroposophical Movement... Since the Christmas Conference I have repeatedly had to point out what is stipulated for the leader of the Anthroposophical Movement. It is stipulated that I myself must be able to take what occurs in connection with myself and carry it up into the spiritual world in order to fulfill not only a responsibility towards whatever is here on the physical plane but also a responsibility which reaches up into the spiritual worlds. If you really want to share in what the Anthroposophical Movement has become since the Christmas Conference, you will not be able to avoid entering into a consideration of what it means to be responsible to the spiritual world for the Anthroposophical Movement.

                       Something personal that one may stand for on earth if mingled with higher matters, especially those concerning the Anthroposophical Cause, cannot, if it remains personal, be answered for towards the spiritual world. Tremendous problems arise for the one who has to be responsible to the spiritual world for something if he is forced also to answer for what comes out of the personal aspirations of the other participants. You really ought to be a bit aware of the effect this has. The most appalling setbacks are sent out of the spiritual world to the one who attempts to approach it as follows:

                       Some person works for the Anthroposophical Movement…but in the work he does he mingles personal ambitions, personal intentions and personal qualities. So now we have these personal intentions and tendencies. Most people do not know that they are personal. Most regard what they do as impersonal because they delude themselves as to what is personal and impersonal. Then it has to be taken to the spiritual world with everything else. And this leads to appalling set-backs from the spiritual world for the one who has had to bear these matters, springing up out of the personal realm, into the spiritual world.”

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 1, 2009
          Forward from The Course of My Life offered by Marie Steiner:

          " His life, consecrated wholly to the sacrificial service of mankind, was requited with unspeakable hostility; his path of knowledge was transformed into a path of thorns. But he walked the whole way, and mastered it for all mankind. He broke through the limits of knowledge in the crystal clarity of thoughts of which this book itself affords evidence. He raised the human intellect up to the spirit, permeated and united it with the spiritual being of the cosmos. In this he achieved the greatest human deed. he taught us to understand the greatest divine deed; he achieved the greatest human deed. How could he escape being hated with all the demonic power of which hell is capable?

          But he repaid with love the lack of understanding with which he was confronted."

          All good things,

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 1, 2009
            Hey Friends, this book with the insights of Rudolf Grosse is really extraordinary. It's interesting for one who has read about Steiner relating his biography to that of Aristotle and others and then to see it in Rudolf Steiner's own words and thinking and considering about how he came to these understandings. It's also a book that really looks at a myriad of issues facing us as human beings and our relationships from a cosmic/earthly point of departure and the mysteries thereof.

            Page 104:

            ' "When the church fathers were deliberating in the year 869 whether spirit should henceforth be a matter for discussion, this was a consequence of the fact that a number of angeloi were separating from the realm of Michael where they had been before, and were assuming that they would henceforth use only earthly powers in the guidance of human beings. You must see clearly what kind of event that was! Angeloi are the beings who guide men from earthly life to earthly life...and now a number of angel beings - beings who have this task and who have been united formerly with the Michael kingdom - went out and left the kingdom of Michael.

            () But these beings themselves partake in the formation of karmic evolution. Consider the whole of this as it takes place in the life between death and a new birth. Here it is not so that every human soul can run his course alone; nor can every angel who guides the human being run his course alone; the hierarchy of angeloi work together. And in their working together karma lives and its worked out. If in an earthly life I become connected with another human being and we work this out karmically in our next life, then needless to say, the angel of the one human being must come together with the angel of the other. A cooperation must take place, and in many cases this is just what happened. Herein lies the shattering, indeed crushing tragedy that took place on earth in the Ecumenical Council in 869. It was the signal for an overwhelming event in the spiritual world above. This event of crushing shattering significance which started at that time and grew ever more menacing was the following: The angel of one human being, or one human soul, who was karmically connected with another human soul, did not go on with the angel of that other soul. Of two human souls karmically united with one another, the one angel remained with Michael while the other went down to earth. What was bound to happen as a result? In the time between the founding of Christianity and the age of the consciousness soul which is signalized above all by the 9th century and the year 869, the karma of the human beings came into disorder! This is one of the most significant statements that can possibly be made about the more recent history of mankind."

            In order to understand fully the dimensions of the events that took place in the various spheres in the year 869, we must be especially aware of one fact in particular. This is that the Christ Being, Who had accomplished the Mystery of Golgotha with His Spirit Self and His Ego, was united with His Life Spirit, His own image 'borne towards him', in the year 869 after the Turning Point Of time, that is 836 years after the Mystery of Golgotha. One then did this entirely cosmic being known by the name of 'Life Spirit' become united with the Christ.

            We may take this to signify a cosmic crescendo, an intensification of the Christ Principle. What took place through the Christ was mirrored by the polarity of the other events: the falling away of the angeloi from Michael and their transformation into beings connected with earth forces; and also the darkening of the spiritual image of man through the decision of the Ecumenical Council.

            Can we tell from this what the Christ actually did? Once in Lemurian times, twice in Atlantis, and then again in the year 33 on Golgotha this spirit being of the sun himself rescued mankind from ruin. In Basel on 1 June 1914 in the lecture entitled The Four Sacrifices of Christ Rudolf Steiner spoke especially about Christ's protection, deliverance and healing of mankind. And now all that had been won in the way of true humanity is once again in danger of being lost through what was done in the year 869 through hatred of the spirit. The events of darkness together with the falling away of the angeloi constitute a storming of the Mystery of Golgotha such as could only have been set in train by the grandest intelligence of the opposing powers. Yet when Rudolf Steiner describes this situation in words that are calm and composed, the weights start to shift:

            "This all took place in the light raying from the other event, namely the meeting of Christ with His own Image. And the lines, the threads of the spiritual life of mankind were projected with great intensity in the spiritual world which borders directly on the physical world of earth."

            All good things,

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 1, 2009
              This thought of the Christ Being meeting His Image is really really something else. It takes me back to the Image spoken of in Genesis but I have no inner understanding as to how this Image, how these bodies can be left behind in such a manner that they can then meet again at the appropriate time, as if they are independent of one another...or maybe that is what occurs once one is able to transcend this world, he is able to leave the...well nevermind that will just have to come in time I guess....

              " A certain responsibility in the soul is involved when attention is directed to the Christmas Conference - the responsibility to make it a reality; otherwise it will withdraw from earthly existence and go the same way as the moon beings of which I have spoken of today. Of course in a certain sense the impulse of the Christmas Conference was actually in the world. Whether it will become effective in life depends upon whether its impulse continues. This was expressed quite clearly. The spiritual Foundation Stone of the Anthroposophical Society was laid in the hearts of every participant. We brought the meeting to a formal conclusion, but actually this Christmas Conference should never be closed, it should continue perpetually in the life of the Anthroposophical Society...

              It has come about that at the age when people usually retire, I have made a new beginning, for in fact I regard what happened at the Christmas Conference in Dornach as a beginning, a genuine beginning in life...Let us work together, realizing the deep significance and seriousness of the Dornach Conference...The it will have been much more than a festival week; it will be an impulse affecting the whole world and the destiny of man. And that is the right impulse for all anthroposophical work and activity and life."

              (...)"In the spiritual world which borders on our physical earth - it was here that Alexander and Aristotle met with Harun al-Rashid and his councellor to consult together as to the further progress of Christianity in Europe, with an eye to what was to come at the end of the 19th century, when Michael would again have the Rulership on earth...Such was the real course of events. In the physical world the Council of Constantinople which abolished the spirit, and in the world immediately bordering on the physical, a heavenly Council which took the form of the meeting of Christ himself with His Own Image."

              This meeting of the Christ with His Own Image is the meeting 'with his Life Spirit'. For Rudolf Steiner then continues to describe this cosmic process: 'The Christ Himself, the Christ Who had come down to earth leaving His Spirit Man on the sun and His Life Spirit in the atmosphere around the earth, bringing down His Ego and his Spirit Self to the earth - the Christ was moving East to West...towards Europe."

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 2, 2009
                I was thinking about the thought on the soul's disposition and realized that we also carry this not only life to life but in between death and a new birth as well.

                I was thinking that those who have...well, specifically, Paulina, blessed be she, certain personalities here that might be seen as egoish or harsh sometimes actually show a love of Anthroposophy in a way that those who have egoish personalities who have a love of themselves primarily, do not.

                See, Paulina can serve anthros who love this work of Michael because she endeavored to stay true to it even when there were things she did not necessarily agree with it when it came to others speaking on it different than she had come to understand it. She can continue to serve the mystery because she stayed true to it and looks to continue to serve it. She did not betray it by putting her own ego needs to be recognized before Michael's call to order. She put Michael first.
                So the soul's disposition carries on after we die. And I imagine that is how we bring it back with us and then certain experiences/karmic responsibilities on this ongoing path of development that allow us to develop ever higher this understanding of a good human being.

                All good things,

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 2, 2009
                  Ultimately what we are fighting for is to make true the deed by Rudolf Steiner that serves the whole way of man. If we consider Grosse's words we realize that Steiner overcame 869 and spirit now has to do with a tripart and not a separation from our own development. And this is what ultimately we fight for: spirit is a truth in our world. And utlimately the most important truth in our world. For if we do not understand we are spirit then we continue to sleep and those awake will have to keep carrying us until we either wake up or succumb to being a zoey.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 2, 2009
                    Dear Dottie,

                    You wrote
                    > This thought of the Christ Being meeting His Image is really really something else. It takes me back to the Image spoken of in Genesis but I have no inner understanding as to how this Image, how these bodies can be left behind in such a manner that they can then meet again at the appropriate time, as if they are independent of one another...or maybe that is what occurs once one is able to transcend this world, he is able to leave the...well nevermind that will just have to come in time I guess....
                    I have the same problem, and I can't see the why? What has it to do with the deserting angels?
                    If I had the why the how would follow I think.

                    Do he use words for something we know through other words. Has he any references  to others who can illuminate our mind?

                    Love,
                    Kim
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 2, 2009
                      Hi Kim,

                      I will share the portion where it goes on further to include why this was also important for the elemental beings...something about streaming out and then back in for understanding....it is really a powerful book this little book. I've read it before but of course with no understanding at all. Now when I read the Christ meets His Own Image does my mouth drop.

                      But I have to say Kim I am glad you too do not understand it....because this way you do not tell me from a book but we can discover it through our own angels together:)))

                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 2, 2009
                        Hi Dottie,

                        You know that we were created on Saturn by the Thrones/Demiurge, and in
                        the same way on the Sun the First Æon/Christ created the first
                        elemental kingdom, who are going to be Men on the next cycle, Jupiter,
                        so that Christ has something to do with the elemental kingdom is not so
                        mystic, but I don't know what at that time. I could understand it if it
                        was 1879.

                        Love,
                        Kim

                        <dottie_z@...> wrote:

                        > Hi Kim,
                        >
                        > I will share the portion where it goes on further to include why this
                        was also important for the elemental beings...something about streaming
                        out and then back in for understanding....it is really a powerful book
                        this little book. I've read it before but of course with no
                        understanding at all. Now when I read the Christ meets His Own Image
                        does my mouth drop.

                        > But I have to say Kim I am glad you too do not understand
                        it....because this way you do not tell me from a book but we can
                        discover it through our own angels together:)))

                        > "If there is something more powerful than destiny, this must be the
                        human being who bears destiny unshaken." Rudolf Steiner