Re: Masters of the East and West

  • Kim
    Message 1 of 121 , Jan 30, 2009
      Hi Ottmar,

      It's OK to talk about the first coming Buddha, but it gets a little to theoretical to talk about the following ones.

      But just for the fun of it!
      These Bodhisattvas has to be between the Twelve around Christ, so a guess would be that
      • Maitraya (Love, Blue Stola) are Cain/Elisha/Hiram Abiff/John the Evangelist/Christian Rosencreutz, and
      • Manjushri (Wisdom, Red Stola) is Seth/Solomon/Simon Peter/Aristotle/Rudolf Steiner, and
      • Samantabhadra (Will, Orange Stola) is Judas son of Mattathias/Judas Iskariot
      Especially the last one may be controversial, but it's written that the last should be the first :). He is the one with the Will as shown in his two Judas incarnations. That Steiner should handle Wisdom is reasonably, and that Lazarus/John/Christian Rosencreutz stands for Love is also reasonable.

      The three's incarnations are described in The Twelve around Christ.

      Best Regards,
      Kim

      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "ottmar12" <ottmar12@...> wrote:

      > Hi Kim,
      > thanks for the interesting comment. From my side just a very short
      > sentence.
      > The 5 th Buddha or Maitreya Buddha, the bringer of the good word. Now
      > a Bodhisattva, after many incarnations, 50 or so, when the `full
      > spirit comes down' on him, he'll ascend to a higher dignity, to
      > buddhaship.
      > The 6 th Buddha, the future Manjushri Buddha, now a Bodhisatva, has
      > also been incarnated many times, just like the 7 th Buddha, the
      > Samantabhadra Buddha. (You have to study it yourself, but just to give
      > you an idea of the book: For Meyer Uhlenried, MJ is the future
      > Maitreya, and CRC the future Manjushri Buddha.)
      > In the book, I've mentioned here several times, by Meyer Uhlenried,
      > Rudolf Steiner und die Bodhisattva-Frage, there is a complete
      > collection of all Steiner quotes, rare quotes from Chirstian Community
      > priest who had private talks with Rudolf Steiner on these and related
      > matters and the well-founded attempt to attribute the Steiner quotes
      > to the 3 Bodhisattvas, mentioned above. (For Dottie, in case she reads
      > this: Meyer Uhlenried says Rudolf Steiner is the Bodhisattva, not
      > Valentin Tomberg.) There are some speculations in Uhlenried's book,
      > which I don't share, but at least he always gives a reason for his
      > assumptions and marks them with ???.
      > The term MJ may be of theosophical origin, I'm not sure whether HPB
      > used or coined this term, in Vol XV of her collected writings, that is
      > the cumulative index, I didn't find this term however. But it is for
      > sure that Rudolf Steiner used this term more than once.
      > Time's up ;-)
      >
      > Kind regards

    • sim1dmg
      Message 121 of 121 , Sep 15 9:36 AM

        Dear Frank,

        I ever find your posts, 5 years of experience now! I'd love to go, last time I was there they still had the towers, long time no apple.

        Love, Simone