Krishnamurti Revisited in the Hole

    Message 1 of 121 , Jan 24, 2009
      This is so sick and twisted, this ongoing thread in the Abyss that Peter Staudenmaier started about Rudolf Steiner's rejection of the sect within the Theosophical Society, "The Star of the East," was somehow motivated by his "racism" against the "Hindy boy."

      And this garbage is spewed out by a historian, or alleged historian, who has been so full of outrageous lies from the beginning that anyone who communicates with him in a respectful manner needs his gullibility quotient examined, and that includes Stephen Clarke. (It would also include the nutty fundy Martin, of course, but he's probably a troll in spite of being in chronic denial, so in that case he's excused.)

      Pete Staudenmaier writes:

      "In Steiner's view, Krishnamurti was racially, culturally, and spiritually
      ineligible for the role assigned to him by Besant et al."

      And this stuff, this twisted and thoroughly untruthful historical revisionism, is obscene and offensive to the core. In the first place, Charles Leadbeater, an Anglican bishop who became a leading figure in the Theosophical Society, had a habit of seducing and abusing adolescent boys sexually, and there were public scandals because of this, but for some bizarre reason, Annie Besant supported Leadbeater through thick and thin. Then one day Leadbeater found a boy in India that he got a special "affection" for -- an "affection" that scarred Krishnamurtu for life -- and he proposed to Besant that they should make him a prophet, guru, savior and the very reincarnation of the Christ. And for an even more bizarre and twisted reason, Besant agreed with Charles the Perv, and they kidnapped the boy, they stole him from his parents and abducted him out of India. For many years, Krishnamurti's parents sued in vain to get their boy back -- in vain, and there is no doubt in my mind that Krishnamurti missed his home and his parents and would rather be there than in Charles Leadbeater's bed in England and elsewhere on his tour of the world as world savior.

      This is so sick, yet PS and the other holefarts criticize Steiner for finding this extremely unpleasant and totally unacceptable, blaming it on racism because Krishnamurty wasn't "white" enough. They have absolutely no sense of decency.

      There were other reasons, of course, why "The Star of the East" was so preposterous in the context of serious Theosophy: Nobody should claim authority on the basis of former incarnations, the Christ incarnation was a once only event, and a proper initiate should not be a teacher as a child, he or she should at least have reached the age of 40, which is a Biblical thing, like Moses spending 40 years in the desert and so forth, and Steiner had to wait until he was 40.

      So this is one of the sickest pieces of race-baiting against Steiner that I have seen. But it caters to certain prejudices and seduces the souls harboring such prejudices, including Stephen and others who seem to have a bias against the European cultural context of anthroposophy, which they say is inappropriate in other corners of the world, including the United States. But even if that be so, for the sake of argument at least, that is no excuse for this kind of stuff. And like dottie says, they follow the Pied Piper down below, even though he's full of peanut butter.

      Cheers,

      Tarjei

    • sim1dmg
      Message 121 of 121 , Sep 15, 2009

        Dear Frank,

        I ever find your posts, 5 years of experience now! I'd love to go, last time I was there they still had the towers, long time no apple.

        Love, Simone