Re: A sobering reminder

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 21, 2009
      That's all nice and dandy, Dottie -- and from now on, every time you say it's all good, I'll say it's all nice and dandy -- but you see, I'm a loyalist, a patriotic loyalist, and I have sworn all my allegiance and patriotic loyalty to Uncle Taz, because I'm a Tazist. So for this reason, I can't swear my allegiance to Gandhi or Obama or any other such characters, and I can't follow their leadership, regardless of how admirable and honorable they be; it would be a conflict of interest in my case.

      That doesn't mean that I can't be inspired by Gandhi and Obama, if Uncle Taz thinks that's OK, but I have to ask him first.

      And for the record, to avoid further confusion, I am not Uncle Taz, although I am deeply flattered that some people think so. Being Uncle Taz is a biological impossibility for me, because I have no siblings and therefore can't be an uncle; but if my son who just turned 19 should pursue tazhood someday, he has more of a chance to become an Uncle Taz proper than I have, because he also became an uncle now that his eldest half sister just had a baby girl. This means that he may apply for membership in the Lodge of Planetary Aunts and Uncles, although I think only elves, nature spirits, gods etc. are admitted there.

      Cheers,