Re: Karma and playwrights (was: Punk Song)

  • Mike helsher
    Message 1 of 34 , Jan 16, 2009
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "write3chairs"
      <write3chairs@...> wrote:

      > > Yeah, fuck me fix me infatuation is certainly the main course in the
      > > mass media style form of education that programs the stupid majority.
      > > Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt, still can feel the old
      > > emotional eels swimming around inside me sometimes. If I'm conscious
      > > enough in the moment, I smile these days. Opposite to when I would
      > > un-consciously create my own version of of "King Lear". There's
      > > something to be said for conscious suffering. And reverence? we're
      > > fucked without it.
      >
      > And this reminds me of the draw of these groups. Do you tend to
      > visit groups that don't inspire laughter? I stay away from humorless
      > places. As superficial as this might sound, I like to be where the
      fun is.
      > This usually means something good and healthy is going on there.

      "Our whole life is startlingly moral. There is never an instants truce
      between virtue and vice. Goodness is the only investment that never
      fails." - Henry David Thoreau

      > Mike, your poetry is so alive and full of such
      > a wide range of thoughts and images. I couldn't
      > help but think of this photo on the front page
      > of our local newspaper today, midway down:
      > http://www.dallasnews.com/pagestore/front.pdf?fl
      > I am sure there are many other similar photos,
      > but this image ... is just stunning.
      >
      > Jennifer

      Wow thanks Jen, that is a great one! It reminds me of our so called
      economy, nly the plane in my version of the story will hit a flock of
      flying financial experts. ...:)

      Best

      Mike
    • Mike helsher