Re: R: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: RS about racial evolution

  • Peter Staudenmaier
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2004
      Hi Harvey, you wrote:

      "Racism does not admit of aspects, but is rather a statement of an underlying intent to exalt some and demean others."

      I disagree. Racism is not a matter of intentions, it is a matter of beliefs.

      "Racism, I think it could fairly be said is one of the tragic echoes of a behavior which promulgates an intent to harbor twin prejudices of privilege and malice, and to project these upon group membership."

      That is much too narrow a standard. By this logic, very many historical racists would not qualify as racist.

      Peter

      Mit schönen Grüßen von Yahoo! Mail.
      Mit dem Yahoo! Messenger können Sie Freunde noch schneller erreichen!

    • VALENTINA BRUNETTI
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2004