PLANS trial: Public Court Documents Show It's Gonna Get Crazy

  • the_three333
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2004
      You know, PLANS formed itself out of a great run-up about the law
      suit they've brought against the Sacramento school districts. And,
      that law suit was a drum which PLANS beat for many, many months.

      Now, they don't even mention the case.

      I wondered why that was. Seems kind interesting that they used to
      get all chest-thumping pumped-up about the case and now -- barely a
      word. Used to they would try to argue the fine points on the net and
      get all the free legal opinions they could from some of their list
      participants. PLANS sure has gotten a lot of mileage out of the
      case, that's for sure -- money, too!

      I just hitchhiked over to the Sacramento Federal Court Building and
      invested a few bucks in researching the public records on the case
      and, let me tell you -- it's a SOAP OPERA!

      I wonder if PLANS was just embarassed to tell their own list about
      some of the things:

      First, the judge ruled -- and this was last year, mind you -- ruled
      that the PLANS "expert" witnesses didn't "cut the mustard" and
      wouldn't be allowed to testify as experts! Only one man was allowed
      to testify -- but not on anthroposophy or Waldorf education since he
      didn't know anything specifically about either.

      Dan Dugan wasn't even allowed to be an expert witness in the case!

      How about that. Judge sez Dan Dugan was NOT an "expert" on
      anthroposophy or Waldorf education. As a matter of fact, the court
      records show that Dan doesn't even have any degree whatsoever. Seems
      he left school early. Maybe he's a garden-variety, self-proclaimed
      expert?

      So, you may ask, if they didn't have any expert witnesses, how were
      they going to make a case . . . ? Good question. The case seems
      kinda pitifully shy on ACTUAL evidence about ACTUAL First Amendment
      violations in the schools. Maybe that's why Dan was running around
      with a camera for the last couple of months.

      My, my my.

      I've got about a 13-inch stack of papers to wade through, so I'll
      write more later. I've already scanned ahead and found some real
      gems.

      One things for sure -- things are gonna get crazy on the PLANS case,
      if they haven't gotten crazy already.

      -- Simon Justice