Anthroposophic Medicine

  • Kim
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 9, 2008
      I have been asked if I know any good home pages about Anthroposophic
      Medicine, which I don't, but I hope you can give me some addresses.
      Preferably in English, but personally I am also interested in German
      if they are good.

      Thanks,
      Kim
    • val2160
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 9, 2008
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Kim" <kimgm@...> wrote:

        > I have been asked if I know any good home pages about Anthroposophic
        > Medicine, which I don't, but I hope you can give me some addresses.
        > Preferably in English, but personally I am also interested in German
        > if they are good.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Kim

        Kim,

        The only anthro docs I know personally are Philip Incso in Crestone
        and Jessie Stoff in Tuscon. I'm sure they both have web sites. Lilipoh
        has the Anthromed library also.-Val
      • val2160
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 9, 2008
          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "val2160" <wdenval@...>
          wrote:

          > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Kim" <kimgm@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have been asked if I know any good home pages about Anthroposophic
          > > Medicine, which I don't, but I hope you can give me some addresses.
          > > Preferably in English, but personally I am also interested in German
          > > if they are good.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Kim
          >
          > Kim,
          >
          > The only anthro docs I know personally are Philip Incso in Crestone
          > and Jessie Stoff in Tuscon. I'm sure they both have web sites. Lilipoh
          > has the Anthromed library also.-Val

          Should read Incao-he used to have a practice and taught here. As a
          total aside Jessie co-authored a book with the guy that the character
          Indiana Jones was modeled after. Charles Pelligrino-Val
        • val2160
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 9, 2008
            Apparently, the good Doctor Stoff has gone into research. Too bad
            because he used to have a fairly large practice-the Solstice Clinic, in
            Tuscon. Incao's still practicing though and he refers people here to
            Adam Blanning, whom I forgot to mention because I've never actually met
            him. I've met his mother though so I guess I can recommend him.

            http://www.dcatherapies.org/
          • ottmar12
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 9, 2008
              Hi Kim,
              there are countless German language sites on the net, only a few
              institutions have English translations though. This is one from my
              home town http://www.abnoba.de/start.aspx mainly on cancer. Abnoba is
              1 of the 3 anthro. pharmaceutical firms that produce mistletoe medicine.
              http://www.weleda.com/index.php?id=85&L=1
              http://usa.weleda.com/index.aspx
              http://www.wala.de/english/
              http://www.medsektion-goetheanum.org/lang/en/ with more links
              http://dev.info3.de/av/index.php?lang=en&type=extended all addresses
              worldwide, anthro medicine, select US
              Do you look for something special? A special disease or is it a study
              subject for you?
              Regards Ottmar

              --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Kim" <kimgm@...> wrote:

              > I have been asked if I know any good home pages about Anthroposophic
              > Medicine, which I don't, but I hope you can give me some addresses.
              > Preferably in English, but personally I am also interested in German
              > if they are good.
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Kim

            • Kim
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 9, 2008
                wrote:

                > Apparently, the good Doctor Stoff has gone into research. Too bad
                > because he used to have a fairly large practice-the Solstice Clinic, in
                > Tuscon. Incao's still practicing though and he refers people here to
                > Adam Blanning, whom I forgot to mention because I've never actually met
                > him. I've met his mother though so I guess I can recommend him.
                >
                > http://www.dcatherapies.org/

                Thank You Val
              • Kim
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 9, 2008
                  Thank You Ottmar,

                  Its partly because I had a request and partly because of interest.

                  My sister were in Arlesheim around 1968 to start a mistletoe cure. She
                  lived at least one year longer than she would without the mistletoe,
                  following the leading doctor at our hospital. If we had known what
                  illness she had, we she could have had the mistletoe in time.

                  It have interested me since, and as I have had some interests in
                  pharmacology when I were younger its somewhat natural. I got many years
                  ago the "Heilmittel-Fibel zur Anthroposophischen Medizin" by Henning
                  Schramm, which is my primary source of knowledge about the subject.

                  Regards,
                  Kim

                  --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "ottmar12" <ottmar12@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Hi Kim,
                  > there are countless German language sites on the net, only a few
                  > institutions have English translations though. This is one from my
                  > home town http://www.abnoba.de/start.aspx mainly on cancer. Abnoba is
                  > 1 of the 3 anthro. pharmaceutical firms that produce mistletoe
                  medicine.
                  > http://www.weleda.com/index.php?id=85&L=1
                  > http://usa.weleda.com/index.aspx
                  > http://www.wala.de/english/
                  > http://www.medsektion-goetheanum.org/lang/en/ with more links
                  > http://dev.info3.de/av/index.php?lang=en&type=extended all addresses
                  > worldwide, anthro medicine, select US
                  > Do you look for something special? A special disease or is it a study
                  > subject for you?
                  > Regards Ottmar
                  >

                  > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Kim" kimgm@ wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I have been asked if I know any good home pages about Anthroposophic
                  > > Medicine, which I don't, but I hope you can give me some addresses.
                  > > Preferably in English, but personally I am also interested in German
                  > > if they are good.
                  > >
                  > > Thanks,
                  > > Kim

                • JoAnn Schwartz
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 9, 2008
                    Hi Kim,

                    You might be interested in Dr. Tom Cowan's site:

                    http://fourfoldhealing.com/

                    He is an anthroposophically trained MD and I know several people who regularly consulted with him a few years ago, before he moved to the west coast.

                    Merrily,
                    JoAnn

                    ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
                    There must have been a moment, at the beginning, where we could have said -- no. But, somehow we missed it.

                    Well, we'll know better next time.
                    -Tom Stoppard, "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead"
                  • Kim
                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 10, 2008
                      Thank You JoAnn,

                      I have now collected some notes and links here:
                      http://www.google.com/notebook/public/10085577348800782838/BDQaSQgoQosaD3qQj#SDRNDQgoQwN2O6-Ej

                      Regards,
                      Kim

                      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, JoAnn Schwartz