Why review crap?

  • val2160
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2008
      From the same author of the fallacy fallacy we have fifteen stupid

      "Why do you review things you hate? If you don't like it, ignore it."

      Why do I review crap? Simple: for pleasure. For the sheer joy of it.
      Every piece of crap you like is an immense world of delight waiting to
      be explored. Crap is a driving force, crap is inspirational: nothing
      urges me to set things right more than seeing them done wrong. I'm
      especially pleased when the crap is so bad it makes me angry — for
      anger is a pleasant sensation. To feel your bile rise and your blood
      boil, to feel a rush of fury — why, it's the pleasure of being alive,
      of feeling some actual emotion instead of the constant dull fuzz of
      the easily contented.

      Why should I deny myself such pleasures? You preach abstinence, but
      that's because you're a Puritan. When you look at criticism, you see
      only whines and complaints; you fail to see the joy. Energy is eternal
      delight (as they say where I come from), and to damn something with
      energy is a more joyous and thrilling act than to ignore it, or say
      "it's nice", or fob it off with other half-hearted compliments.

      http://plover.net/~bonds/stupidresponses.html