Shake it Up

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2004
      Hey Everyone,

      My art teacher is from Russia and she is so wonderful. As my Kaballah
      classes ended she picked up and my first hour of art is actually the
      study of the Kabbalah in a sense not like the Rabbi but it is a
      contination of keeping it before my mind.

      Funny how I usually sense things as solid which is why any kind of
      vision ususally freaks me out. Something about the 'monsters coming
      our of the walls' from my childhood visions. I can't even imagine
      what that little girl (me) thought was happening. All I remember is
      it scaring the beejeezits out of me. So as an adult the vision type
      things still have the power to freak me although much less as I have
      built this courage.

      With my teacher Yelena she shares with me the fluid aspect of the
      Tree of Life, of the Sieforot and their twisting and turning moving
      almost as one sits still but moves the head around and then the body
      in a slow bending dance, slinking here and there. Kind of like when
      yo twist a straw and put a little water on its head:)

      Anyhow I keep forgetting my point, which actually is instead of going
      where we would naturally to for an Easter celebration is to attend
      maybe a Russian or Armenian or a Jewish Passover celebration. Add a
      little more passion to the celebration by celebrating from another
      point of view versus the one we have been lately whatever that may
      be. There are so many different customs tied to this time of year
      that I found it fascinating to here my teacher speak of how the
      Orthodox Russians all bring eggs and how this time of the year is for
      celebrating loved ones who have passed to the next life. She says the
      cemetaries in Russia are filled this day as it is really how the
      celebrate Easter. Amazing isn't it. She was saying how the
      whole 'bunny' thing was a bit much and so forth with how it is
      comericalized and so forth. Of course we know that is right but I
      thought it might be good to try something different this year. And it
      can be celebrated on different days as well as we have the Orthodox
      Russians, Armenians, celebrating on different days. Kind of like the
      twelve days to Christmas:)

      All my love,