Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Anthroposophical Society some numbers

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4, 2008

      > Ottmar:
      > The Anthroposophical Society was meant to be `the freest
      > society in the world'.

      The Teacher's words:

      February 17, 1924

      "It has not helped us that in the last few years individual members have brought into the Society their own personal wishes simply because tehy thought that as it increased it would become a suitable sphere of actions for them. It may be said, why was this not met and counteracted with the proper firmness? If that had been done, we should now be hearing it said on all sides, 'Oh, if only the initiative that arose in this or that quarter had been followed up at that time, how much farther we should we be today!' Well, many things were followed up, which ended in sad disaster and only resulted in throwing us back. But now it is enough. The demonstrations which individual experiments in the Sociey wished to provide are done with. Such things need not be repeated endlessly.

      In the Executive at the Goetheanum we have a body which intends to cultivate Anthroposophy itself; and the Society should be an association of human beings who have the same object and are ready to enter into a living understanding with the Executive in the pursuit of it."