Re: Pre-existence and afterlife in pix

    Message 1 of 39 , Dec 2, 2008
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Clarke" <mozartg@...> wrote:

      > SRC: Tarjei - your pix - and animations! - are masterful. I
      > can't Imagine how you find them and toss them up together so quickly,
      > but I appreciate it! Uh, wow.

      Well thanks, Stephen, I just do some Google image searches and play around with key words until I find something, and most of the time I use the Rich-Text Editor option, which enables html tags, when posting from the web.

      Incidentally, my posts on the subject at hand have prompted a somewhat confused hole-creature who desires to be mentioned in this group, to call for my castration. The interesting confusion here is that this sounds like something an anti-abortionist hawk would say about an abortionist: If he condones abortion, he should be incapacitated from impregnating women, or something like that. Well it goes to show that those hole-creatures are positively not the kind you would want to meet in a dark alley at midnight!

      And their basic fear here seems to be that if the idea of pre-existence takes root in the mainstream public consciousness, fewer pregnant women may decide to abort, and that's supposed to be a bad thing, and because that's a bad thing, I should be castrated for mentioning it. Go figure.

      On the subject of images in posts, when it comes to those hole-creatures, I couldn't find anything close on the web, so I had to scan the drawings from a book of mine, Prince of Darkness, and upload them to my own domain. The illustrations were taken from an engraving, The Temptation of St. Anthony, by James Callot (1593-1636):

      So now you know what to expect if you ever tread near the Unthinkable Facility.

      Cheers,

      Tarjei
    • val2160
      Message 39 of 39 , Dec 9, 2008