Re: Hausen article - Ressurection Power review

  • Stephen Clarke
    Message 1 of 89 , Dec 2, 2008
      <eltrigal78@...> wrote:

      > Ok, Stephen, let me clarify my point. If the Anthroposophical Society,
      > re-founded during the Christmas Conference, had been allowed to
      > continue to exist, the spiritual world might have condoned its
      > existence - even without Rudolf Steiner. But it ceased to exist in
      > 1925, and the only thing left was the General Anthroposophical
      > Society, a run of the mill corporation which, it seems to me at least,
      > isn't spiritually appealing. That's why I wrote: "If the 2 Societies
      > had continued to exist, things *might* have been different." But your
      > remark about not crying about spilt milk is apt. If a guy like Von
      > Beckerath - mentioned previously by Ottmar and me - decides to throw
      > in the towel, it looks like the fight is over.

      SRC: OK yourself; I see your point, and it is a good one. Now I
      understand better the significance of all the crying over spilt milk
      with analyzing the AS/GAS disputes, etc.: trying to diagnose how
      things ran off the rails, taking steps towards generating a cure.
      Redoing the Christmas Conference, in effect. Hmmm...correct? And
      "might": yes - one possibly necessary step, but certainly not
      sufficient. But a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single
      step. What destinations are virtual and which real?

      Thanx for the explanation. S.
    • val2160
      Message 89 of 89 , Dec 18, 2008
        <eltrigal78@...> wrote:

        > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "val2160" wdenval@
        > wrote:
        > >

        > > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas
        Smith"

        > > http://www.physorg.com/news147615590.html
        > > <http://www.physorg.com/news147615590.html#>
        > > Myth about 'dirty old men' supported by science Middle-aged men
        want
        > > younger women, often touting their intelligence and their high
        income.
        > > This is shown in research at Gothenburg University and Oxford
        University
        > > that studied 400 lonely hearts ads to see how men and women choose
        > > partners.
        > > <http://physorg.tradepub.com/?pt=cat&page=_INTL>
        > Research
        > > in the theory of evolution includes a number of accepted theories
        about
        > > how men and women choose their partners.
        >
        > They had to spend good money to research that?

        It wasn't the first study of this kind that I found-just the most
        recent. Here's another article:

        http://www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandtechnology/science/sciencenews/3304\
        960/Men-have-evolved-to-choose-young-wives.html

        A team from Vienna University studied more than 11,600 Swedish men and
        women, aged 45-55, and their partners and found that relationships in
        which the man was six years older than the woman produced the most
        children - an average of 2.2.

        Women placed more emphasis on resources and status - leading them
        typically to choose older men.

        Martin Fieder, who led the team and whose research was published online
        by the Royal Society journal Biology Letters, said: "These findings may
        account for the phenomenon that men typically prefer and mate with women
        younger than themselves, whereas women usually desire and mate with men
        older than themselves.

        "We conclude that the age preference for the partner increases
        individual fitness of both men and women and may thus be an
        evolutionarily acquired trait."

        When the team examined those who had changed partners after the birth of
        their first child they found men ended up with women younger than their
        first choice, while women chose men who were younger than their first
        partner but still a little older than themselves.

        Mr Fieder said: "These findings support the reported age preferences of
        ageing men for increasingly younger women as well as of women for a
        partner just a little older than themselves.

        "We attribute the shift to a younger partner to a potential compensation
        for the fertility loss caused by the individuals' increasing age."
        >Cheese, I'd a telled em
        > fer nutting.

        Sorry to be the one to break it to you but your sample size would be too
        small.-Val