Re: Wackos roaming wild (was: Anthroposophy-world + guidleines)

  • val2160
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 2, 2008
      You know, Frank, this story you're telling us about the people manning the bridge of a public Yahoo anthro-group actually pushing the self-destruct button and then abandoning ship amidst a cosmic Nova-like explosion with all those anthro-wackos now flying around in the galaxies in their one- or two-person shuttles, threatening to descend upon other unsuspecting public groups --

       -- Wow, what a tremendous occurence in cyberspace that was...

      > This has, of course, forced me to think hard about the matter, and
      > others may have wondered, What else could Frank and Jo Ann have done?
      > Well, done is done, no turning back here to reconsider anything, but
      > perhaps we can learn from it or something...

      I saw that episode and you can't really blame Captain Kirk for leaving the bridge because:

      William Shatner

    • val2160
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 3, 2008
        <eltrigal78@...> wrote:

        > Excellent idea, complicated though. First I'd have to warn all the
        > non-wackos (and there were a few) to duck (a.k.a. unsubscribe), else
        > they'd be stuck for all eternity with the anthro-wackos. Of course
        > there are the usual harmless anthro-wackos who may be tolerated. And
        > there are the malicious ones. You know, Taz, like cholesterol.
        > Thanks for the advice - too late as usual.
        > Frank

        I don't understand what you mean. If a group is closed to the public it
        doesn't mean that you can't unsubscribe from it and if it's closed for
        good-you can still unsubscribe-as I just did from the ark.-Val
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 3, 2008
          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "val2160" <wdenval@...>
          wrote:

          > <eltrigal78@> wrote:
          >
          > > Excellent idea, complicated though. First I'd have to warn all the
          > > non-wackos (and there were a few) to duck (a.k.a. unsubscribe), else
          > > they'd be stuck for all eternity with the anthro-wackos. Of course
          > > there are the usual harmless anthro-wackos who may be tolerated. And
          > > there are the malicious ones. You know, Taz, like cholesterol.
          > > Thanks for the advice - too late as usual.
          > > Frank
          >
          > I don't understand what you mean. If a group is closed to the public it
          > doesn't mean that you can't unsubscribe from it and if it's closed for
          > good-you can still unsubscribe-as I just did from the ark.-Val

          C'mon Val, you've been around long enough to recognize a Taz group
          when you see one.
          f.

          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 3, 2008

            Anthro-wacky nut-cadets arrive from cyberspace.
            Some of them are genderless, and they rarely have a face.
            They're anthro-babbling fruitcake dreams to torch the world aflame.
            They say they're quite claivoyant 'cause they're hoping for some fame.

            The Vorstand is quite worried about nut-cadet attacks.
            Some anthro-trolls are viruses, other ones are hacks.
            They've covered the Goetheanum roof with wackoproofing gear,
            They've alerted the authorities, but they refuse to hear.

            The Yahoo Groups are frantic, and they don't know what to do.
            Quarantine them maybe, or put them in a zoo.
            Red alert is on, and there's an awful lot of screeches -
            Around all anthro-forums cling those sticky wacky leeches!

            Anthro-wacky nut-cadets are roaming around wild.
            They try to get inside your head - bedevilled and beguiled!
            Their purpose is to drive all normal people far away
            so they can boast and celebrate their wild Banana Day!

            The only thing to do is throw the wackos in the hole
            where they'll be slowly eaten by the vermin in control --
            Where darkness reigns and monsters roam so ugly and so rotten
            that every wacky fruitcake dream is puked on and forgotten.

            The following is an adaptation of Tiger! Tiger! by William Blake:

            Holeman! Holeman!
            by Uncle Taz

            Holeman! Holeman! smelling foul
            sending forth thy nasty howl:
            What immortal finger or toe
            Could frame thy sickening symmetry?

            In what dismal toilet deep
            When everyone else is fast asleep
            On what dark wings doest thou aspire?
            How art thou led by the Liar's Liar?

            Thy stinking breath, thy killer fart
            twist the sinews of thy rotten heart
            And when thy heart began to beat,
            What dread hand? & what dread feet?

            What the hammer? what the chain?
            In what furnace was thy brain?
            What the anvil? what dread grasp
            Dare its deadly terrors clasp?

            When the stars threw down their spears,
            And water'd heaven with their tears,
            Did he smile his work to see?
            Did he who made the Lamb make thee?

            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 6, 2008
              One of the real joys of having a child in public school is the really
              great literature that I get to read. Here's an excerpt from this
              weekend's reading assignment:

              Zach's butt raised a butt-trumpet to it's mouth and blew a long,
              loud note.
              The whole crowd went silent.
              Then Zach's butt began to speak.
              "Brothers and sisters," it said quietly. "You know why I have
              called you here, so let me get straight to the point. For too long we
              have been forced to do the dirty work for the human race. For too long
              we have been laughed at, smacked, pinched, kicked, sat on, and generally
              regarded as figures of fun! For too long we have been denied our
              rightful place on top of the neck where we belong!"
              There was an enormous cheer from the crowd.
              Zach blocked his nose and wiped his eyes. When one butt talks it's
              bad enough, but when thousands talk at the same time, well, it's not
              pleasant, to say the least.
              After a few minutes the cheering died down.
              "But what can we do?" said a bony butt in the front row. "We're
              just butts."
              Zach's butt stepped to the edge of the platform the flashlight
              making it look more sinister than ever.
              "No, my friend," it said. "Divided we are just butts, but united,
              we have the potential to be the most powerful force on the planet. Right
              now, on an island in the Sea of Butts, butts from all over the world are
              working around the clock to fill an extinct volcano. When it is full, it
              will become the greatest buttcano in the history of the world. And when
              it erupts it will be devastating enough to knock out every human being
              on Earth."
              "That, my brothers and sisters," it said, "will be when we strike.
              We will swap places with the heads and assume our rightful position on
              top of the neck. By the time the humans come to, the Age of Butts will
              have begun and there will be nothing anybody can do to stop us!"
              The butts began cheering again.