Anthroposophical Guidelines 124 - 126

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2008

      Further Guidelines with reference to the previous FirstContemplation about Michael's supersensible preparations for his earthmission.

      124. The dawn of the age of consciousness (fifteenth century),in the twilight of the comprehension or sensible-soul age, was preceded byintense Luciferic activity, which still continues for a time in the new epoch.

      125. The intent of this Luciferic activity is to wrongfullyretain the old forms of image-thinking of the world and thus prevent man fromunderstanding and integrating himself into its physical nature.

      126. Michael associates with human activity in order thatindependent intellectuality remain correctly connected to the divinespirituality from which it descended.

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2008
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith" <eltrigal78@...> wrote:

        > 124. The dawn of the age of consciousness (fifteenth century),in the
        > twilight of the Comprehension or Sensitivity-Soul age, (I typed "sensible" by mistake.) was preceded
        > by intense Luciferic activity, which still continues for a time in the
        > new epoch.

        "Comprehension or Sensitivity-Soul" is usually translated in English as "Intellectual or Mind Soul". This might not yet be optimal, but it is closer to the original meaning, I believe: (Verständniss = understanding or comprehension; Gemuet = untranslatable, but closer to feeling than thinking).
        Frank
      • sim1dg
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2008

          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith" <eltrigal78@...> wrote:

          > Further Guidelines with reference to the previous FirstContemplation
          > about Michael's supersensible preparations for his earthmission.
          >

          > 124. The dawn of the age of consciousness (fifteenth century),in the
          > twilight of the comprehension or sensible-soul age, was preceded
          > byintense Luciferic activity, which still continues for a time in the
          > new epoch.

          124. The dawn of the age of Consciousness (the age of the Spiritual Soul) in the fifteenth century was preceded, in the twilight of the age of the Intellectual or Mind-Soul, by a heightened Luciferian activity, which continued for a certain time even into the new epoch.

          > 125. The intent of this Luciferic activity is to wrongfullyretain the
          > old forms of image-thinking of the world and thus prevent man
          > fromunderstanding and integrating himself into its physical nature.

          125. This Luciferian influence tried to preserve ancient forms of pictorial conception of the world in a wrong way. Thus it tried to prevent man from understanding with Intellectuality and entering with fullness of life into the physical existence of the World.

            > 126. Michael associates with human activity in order thatindependent
          > intellectuality remain correctly connected to the divinespirituality
          > from which it descended.

          126. Michael unites his being with the activity of mankind so that the independent Intellectuality may remain — not in a Luciferian, but in a righteous way — with the Divine and Spiritual from which it is inherited.

           (http://www.rsarchive.org/)