Re: Hausen article - Ressurection Power review

  • Stephen Clarke
    Message 1 of 89 , Dec 2, 2008
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "val2160" <wdenval@...>
      wrote:

      > Steiner said that Spiritual Science wasn't for everyone but this is a
      > gift to each and every one of us, Stephen. With Christmas on it's way I
      > plan to re-gift mine as soon as possible.-Val

      Let me be the very first to wish you a Merry Christmas, Val!

      Stephen
    • val2160
      Message 89 of 89 , Dec 18, 2008
        <eltrigal78@...> wrote:

        > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "val2160" wdenval@
        > wrote:
        > >

        > > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas
        Smith"

        > > http://www.physorg.com/news147615590.html
        > > <http://www.physorg.com/news147615590.html#>
        > > Myth about 'dirty old men' supported by science Middle-aged men
        want
        > > younger women, often touting their intelligence and their high
        income.
        > > This is shown in research at Gothenburg University and Oxford
        University
        > > that studied 400 lonely hearts ads to see how men and women choose
        > > partners.
        > > <http://physorg.tradepub.com/?pt=cat&page=_INTL>
        > Research
        > > in the theory of evolution includes a number of accepted theories
        about
        > > how men and women choose their partners.
        >
        > They had to spend good money to research that?

        It wasn't the first study of this kind that I found-just the most
        recent. Here's another article:

        http://www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandtechnology/science/sciencenews/3304\
        960/Men-have-evolved-to-choose-young-wives.html

        A team from Vienna University studied more than 11,600 Swedish men and
        women, aged 45-55, and their partners and found that relationships in
        which the man was six years older than the woman produced the most
        children - an average of 2.2.

        Women placed more emphasis on resources and status - leading them
        typically to choose older men.

        Martin Fieder, who led the team and whose research was published online
        by the Royal Society journal Biology Letters, said: "These findings may
        account for the phenomenon that men typically prefer and mate with women
        younger than themselves, whereas women usually desire and mate with men
        older than themselves.

        "We conclude that the age preference for the partner increases
        individual fitness of both men and women and may thus be an
        evolutionarily acquired trait."

        When the team examined those who had changed partners after the birth of
        their first child they found men ended up with women younger than their
        first choice, while women chose men who were younger than their first
        partner but still a little older than themselves.

        Mr Fieder said: "These findings support the reported age preferences of
        ageing men for increasingly younger women as well as of women for a
        partner just a little older than themselves.

        "We attribute the shift to a younger partner to a potential compensation
        for the fertility loss caused by the individuals' increasing age."
        >Cheese, I'd a telled em
        > fer nutting.

        Sorry to be the one to break it to you but your sample size would be too
        small.-Val