Re: Anthroposophical Leading Thoughts 121 - 123

  • simonedim
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2008

      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith" <eltrigal78@...> wrote:

      > 121. One has not yet comprehended what is active in the world and the
      > meaning for the world of these activities, for example cosmic thoughts,
      > if one goes no farther than these activities themselves. For one must
      > perceive the being from whom these activities originate. For example
      > whether the cosmic thoughts are brought into and through the world by
      > Michael or Ahriman.

      121. We have not fully understood the significance or the Universe of something that is working there — for instance, of the Cosmic Thoughts — so long as we stop short at the thing itself. We must also look to recognise the Beings from whom it proceeds. Thus for the Cosmic Thoughts we must see whether it is Michael or Ahriman who bears them out into the world and through the world.

       > 122. What can have a wholesome and creative effect coming from one being
      > because of his relation to the world, can be proven perverse and
      > destructive when it comes from another being. Cosmic thoughts carry man
      > into the future if he receives them from Michael; they lead him away
      > from his wholesome future if Ahriman gives them to him.

      122. Proceeding from the one Being — by virtue of his relation to the world — the same thing will work creatively and wholesomely; proceeding from another, it will prove fatal and destructive. The Cosmic Thoughts carry man into the future when he receives them from Michael; they lead him away from the future of his salvation when Ahriman has power to give them to him.

      > 123. Through such considerations one is ever more able to overcome the
      > viewpoint of a vague spirituality, that pantheism which is thought to be
      > the foundation of things; and one is then led to a definite, concrete
      > viewpoint which enables him to form representations [mental pictures] of
      > the spiritual beings of the higher hierarchies. For reality is present
      > everywhere in existential being*; and what is not existential being in
      > this reality is the activity which is acted out in the relation from
      > being to being. This can only be understood by directing one's gaze
      > to the active spiritual beings.
      >
      > * im Wesenhaften

      123. Such reflections lead us ever more to overcome the idea of an undefined Spirituality, pantheistically conceived as holding sway at the root of all things. We are led to a conception that is definite and real, capable of clear ideas about the spiritual Beings of the Hierarchies. For the reality is everywhere a reality of Being. Whatsoever in it is not Being, is the activity that proceeds in the relation of one Being to another. This too can only be understood if we can turn our gaze to the active Beings.

       (http://www.rsarchive.org/)