Misc. small matters 2 The second call

  • ottmar12
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2008

      The second call

      I asked myself why did the second call happen in Dec 1911. I translate this `call' with: the wish of the spiritual world to form a body, a `society' for esoteric schooling. A secnd call wouldn't be necessary, if the first call was still ongoing, filled with the hope for success. Now the second call was pronounced or made public on Dec 15, 1911. At that time, the 10 th general convention of the German section of the TS took place in Berlin, from Dec 10 to Dec 16, 1911. But the first reunion for the second call was not part of that general convention, it took place, so to speak, outside the general convention.

      The day before RS pronounced of the second call of the spiritual world to a group of people he talked about his role in the TS, that he had been invited into the TS and why and how the theosophical movement (RS certainly had in mind what he later called the anthroposophical movement, it's leading spiritual beings and ideas) and why the theos. Movement acted within the Theos. Soc.. (I guess for most listeners this sounded academic or splitting hairs at that time. Today we know what he meant with the anthr. movement.)

      Now my point: RS stressed 3 times in that speech that ever since Olcott's death and the circumstances of Annie Besant's succession, the society wasn't on `healthy ground' anymore.  Then in connection with the casus Leadbeater `that was the second time I (RS) stressed that one can't really work in the society anymore'. A point was reached where ``the administrative side and teaching side couldn't be separated anymore' And at the end of that speech he directly said that as a direct consequence of the conditions of the TS, he would inaugurate something that already existed (in the spiritual world) and which was already set up on `special solemn occasions'.    So, there is a direct connection between the degeneration of the TS and the need to form a new esoteric body. This in mind one can also draw conclusions with respect to the first call.

      I found out that CW (here collected writings) 264 is completely translated into English.  Are the comments of Hella Wiesberger also translated?

      In my German edtion of 264, first edition 1984, the editor, Hella Wiesberger left out 6 pages of Marie Steiner's comments on the second call. You only find these 6 pages in Marie Steiner's private edition of 1948. Perhaps someone can translate these 6 pages and publish them on the net.

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2008
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "ottmar12"
        <ottmar12@...> wrote:

        > I found out that CW (here collected writings) 264 is completely
        > translated into English. Are the comments of Hella Wiesberger also
        > translated?
        >
        > In my German edtion of 264, first edition 1984, the editor, Hella
        > Wiesberger left out 6 pages of Marie Steiner's comments on the
        > second call. You only find these 6 pages in Marie Steiner's private
        > edition of 1948. Perhaps someone can translate these 6 pages and publish
        > them on the net.

        I have the first edition of GA264 in German and am surprised to learn
        that it has been translated into English. I also happen to have Marie
        Steiner's introduction in a smaller book published before the GA
        system was introduced, and I think I know why it wasn't included n
        264. I'll write to you off list about that. P.S. Did you receive my
        reply about Gemuet?
        Frank
      • ottmar12
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2008
          Aye Sir now I found it and I'll use your email address to the right.
          On this page you find a list of all Engl. Translations of Rudolf
          Steiner's works.
          http://www.rudolfsteinerweb.com/Rudolf_Steiner_Complete_Works.php

          Regards Ottmar