Re: Steiner on racial evolution

  • raymon_ford
    Message 1 of 125 , Apr 1, 2004
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Peter Staudenmaier
      <pstauden@y...> wrote:

      ... You frequently get "peoples" and "cultures" mixed up, and you
      appear to think that both are essentially synonyms for "race"...

      Gidday Peter,

      That's a good point. If the doctrine which holds that moving
      forward in evolution is directly tied to race, was changed - and the
      word 'culture' replaced 'race' - would that be an acceptable
      formulation? Up until a century ago the two were virtually
      synonymous anyway, so the doctrine would remain essentially intact
      even with this word change. It can easily be argued that 'culture'
      is in fact what was meant.

      See ya, Raymon
      Message 125 of 125 , Apr 27, 2004
        > Raymond:
        > But what has this sort of thing to do with the debate at
        > > hand?

        Dottie
        > Wanted to know where you were coming from with your comments that
        > seem to point that you think Staudenmaier correct that Dr. Steiner
        > was a racist? Do you consider that to be true? I have other
        questions
        > but I guess I would like to have these questions answered regarding
        > the doctrine before I go on further.

        Raymon, can you answer the question above sometime soon? Do you think
        Dr. Steiner was a racist? Have you read Staudenmaiers Eco paper? And
        if so have you checked the references to realities of the Doctors
        work? And if so have you not noted the two or three word quote with a
        Staudenmaier interpretation of said quote as if the Doctor stated
        such himself?

        And if you do consider Dr. Steiner a racist what the hell are you
        doing following such a man? Do you agree with any aspects that you
        consider racist in Dr. Steiners work? Do you find yourself outside
        the mainstream of Anthroposophy according to how others view his
        work? What is the most important aspect of the Doctors work you think
        serves the future of humanity? How do you feel about Sophia making
        her reappearance center stage?

        Come on Sophia,