Joel's Book

  • golden3000997@cs.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2003
      THE MYSTERY OF THE TRUE WHITE BROTHER

      an Interpretation of the Meaning

      of the Hopi Prophecy

      by Joel A. Wendt

      OH, JOEL, THIS IS SOOOOOO COOOOL!! I have been looking for this info for so
      long!!

      Thank you!!!

      (did you like the story, though?) : )
    • Joel Wendt
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
        Dear Christine,

        The book, which is at: http://ipwebdev.com/hermit/mystb.html, is
        different from the essay of a similar but different name, which is at:
        http://ipwebdev.com/hermit/eldbr.html

        The full book is not on the website, so if you read that you will come
        to a dead end. Part of the problem is that it was written on a Smith
        Corona word processor, not a computer, and the file formats are
        completely different. It takes a line by line reconstruction to
        reformat it for a PC, and thus make it ready for html.

        The book was written over about five years during the early nineties,
        and after Lindisfarne Books looked at it and wanted serious revisions, I
        rethought it from the ground up. During this deep rethinking the book
        (these things have a very definite life of their own), the book
        involuted itself (turned inside out) with the Hopi aspect disappearing
        into the context of the background and the social aspect coming into the
        foreground. This new form of the original book became Strange Fire: the
        Death, and the Resurrection, of Modern Civilization, which is at:
        http://ipwebdev.com/hermit/stgfr.html

        During the same time, I deepened my understanding of the Prophecy, and
        wrote the Elder Brother version essay in 1997, thereby just
        concentrating on that aspect of my research, which originated in the
        late '70's, and was first published in a short essay (Anthroposohy and
        the Hopi Prophecy) in the Carl Stegmann circle's little journal -
        America in the Threefold World.

        warm regards,
        joel

        Joel Wendt <hermit@...>