Southern Cross Review Nr. 61

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2008

      Dear A_T-ers,

      The September-October issue of Southern Cross Review is (finally) on your cyber-doorstep at http://SouthernCrossReview.org .

      If you Yanquis want to know whom you should vote for in the coming election, check out the "Editor's Page".
      A lot of readers wrote in about the last issue. See "Letters".
      In "Current Events" we present points of view about the conflict in Georgia which conflict with the American official version - by Mikhail Gorbachev and Michael T. Klare. The jury's still out. Doris Lessing, who saw it coming, gives her insider's view of the Zimbabwe mess.
      In "Features" we present an excerpt from Doris Lessing's science fiction under the guise of a book review. Also a long chapter by Sri Aurobindo about spirituality and society. Gaither Stewart then weighs in with a critique of America's social system.
      Keeping you happy with our "Fiction" section are stories by Daniel A. Oliva (bilingual) and Frank Thomas Smith, both with a latino tinge.
      Four items are packed into "Anthroposophy": Robert McDermott muses on his coast-to-coast experiences with Anthroposophy and Transpersonalism, Keith Francis compares Francis Bacon and Rudolf Steiner - especially what the latter said about the former, and "Der Doktor" brings up the rear with a lecture on the meaning of Genesis and the continuation of his Anthroposophical Guidelines.
      León Felipe's famous "Credo" is offered in both English and Spanish, along with some FTS unilingual ones.
      George Orwell's "1984", which was serialized in previous editions, is now available as and Ebook. Just click on the Donkey.

      Enjoy!

      Frank

      http://SouthernCrossReview.org