To whom it may concern...

  • petergregory01
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2008
      I have read anthroposophy for nearly thirty years.

      I am not one for watching television; I have nothing against it as
      such, but most of what is put out is garbage. I came across a
      recommendation about a documentary entitled 'The Power of Nightmares'
      some time ago, but because it was made for TV, I dismissed it.
      I have since watched the documentary. It was made by Adam Curtis.
      On the back of seeing 'The Power of Nightmares' I also watched 'The
      Century of the Self' and am now watching 'The Trap', also made by
      Adam Curtis. I have never seen a study of the influence of Ahriman
      in the modern era quite like any of these documentaries.
      I cannot speak highly enough of Mr. Curtis. I do not know whether he
      possesses occult knowledge, but he most certainly does possess
      insight (and frankly, the two are the same).
      The Power of Nightmares was never shown in America because it
      contains some highly critical and unpleasant truths that Americans
      (most, but not all) do not want to hear. It charts the rise of Al
      Qaeda in the Arab world and the Neo-Conservatives in America and
      shows – with some distinction – how both are flip sides of the same
      coin. In the Century of the Self, Adam Curtis demonstrates how
      individualism has come to dominate Western society, and how this has
      led to distrust and isolation and has come to affect all walks of
      life.
      The programs are probably unavailable on TV at present. Although it
      is illegal, they are available for download via the larger torrent
      sites. For what it's worth, if the only way such programs can be
      seen is illegally, then the law is an ass.
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 31, 2008
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "petergregory01"
        <petergregory01@...> wrote:

        > I have read anthroposophy for nearly thirty years.
        >
        > I am not one for watching television; I have nothing against it as
        > such, but most of what is put out is garbage. I came across a
        > recommendation about a documentary entitled 'The Power of Nightmares'
        > some time ago, but because it was made for TV, I dismissed it.
        > I have since watched the documentary. It was made by Adam Curtis.
        > On the back of seeing 'The Power of Nightmares' I also watched 'The
        > Century of the Self' and am now watching 'The Trap', also made by
        > Adam Curtis. I have never seen a study of the influence of Ahriman
        > in the modern era quite like any of these documentaries.
        > I cannot speak highly enough of Mr. Curtis. I do not know whether he
        > possesses occult knowledge, but he most certainly does possess
        > insight (and frankly, the two are the same).
        > The Power of Nightmares was never shown in America because it
        > contains some highly critical and unpleasant truths that Americans
        > (most, but not all) do not want to hear. It charts the rise of Al
        > Qaeda in the Arab world and the Neo-Conservatives in America and
        > shows – with some distinction – how both are flip sides of the same
        > coin. In the Century of the Self, Adam Curtis demonstrates how
        > individualism has come to dominate Western society, and how this has
        > led to distrust and isolation and has come to affect all walks of
        > life.
        > The programs are probably unavailable on TV at present. Although it
        > is illegal, they are available for download via the larger torrent
        > sites. For what it's worth, if the only way such programs can be
        > seen is illegally, then the law is an ass.

        No need to encourage illegal pirate-downloads in this case, which
        would get Yahoo! on our necks. The documentary you're referring to is
        four years old and available for free and legal download as **an
        antique** at:

        http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=The%20Power%20of%20Nightmares