deaths eyes

  • Mike Helsher
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30 10:30 PM

      How do I notice that a persons eyes are connected to every muscle in their face? How is it that the mind gives such a constant in the whole of a face?  The eyes bulge and the mouth contorts to a similar font. Glass eyes with no reflection or depth that chill with the idea of Rilke's "terrifying no-face". Some are blessed, I suppose, to see the like without having had the torment. But there is a curse that also allows such vision. A curse I have spat upon and cursed upon curse to the point of a black hole evolving in my chest. My own eyes glassed and the "terrifying no-face" as my mirror image. Like an infra-red lens I then only see as to the design, the burning images of the night.

      Mike