Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Greetings from London

  • Mike Helsher
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 12, 2008
      Oh you bourgeois jet-setter you! I've been flirting with a women from London lately. I should hook you two up so that you can interagate her for me before she comes to AZ...:)

      Hey, I'll bet that there are some very old hidden Waldorf basements in London. Perhaps you could sniff a few out and report back...:)

      Interesting that a new friend of mine has offered to let me stay in their little cottage on the English coast this coming fall for free. I'm thinking that it might be a good place to include on my up-coming year long back packing sojourn. Only bummer is it's a little hard to hitch hike to England. But I can hitch to New-England and perhaps catch a cheap boat ride across the pond. Remember when messages form across the Atlantic would take 6 to 8 weeks to cross? What a different world we live in.

      And here's a little ditty that's in line with all the talk about "the power of Now" that's been around the world lately,
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvd3kaupZ60&mode=related&search=

      "smoke if ya got-em"

      Mike

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 14, 2008
        I wrote:

        > -- so I wake up at 6 am and walk down Edgeware Rd to look for a
        > sidewalk cafe for coffe and smoke --

        Sorry about that, Londoners -- it's Edgware Road, not Edgeware, silly me.

        I'm back in Oslo now, got to catch my breath. I'll try to compose some
        sort of review for "The Lord of the Rings," but it's very difficult
        because it's the best I've seen in my life, absolutely devastating,
        knock-out, you sit there for three hours with your chin dropped down
        to your chest. And that's coming from someone who grew up in the
        theater and has seen very many West End musicals, including Hair,
        Jesus Christ Superstar, The Rocky Horror Show and so on. This show
        ends in a few days (July 19), but if it goes back up for another
        season, don't miss it for the world if you're anywhere near England.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 14, 2008
          I wrote:

          > you sit there for three hours with your chin dropped down
          > to your chest.

          With your jaw dropped, not your chin (which gives the impression
          you're falling asleep!) Physically impossible to fall asleep with
          those earbusting sound effects, orchestra, flash lightenings,
          incredible acrobatics with the actors flying up and down like
          marionettes in dazzling costumes, the army of the dark side dancing on
          crutches (giving the impression of being crippled, four-legged
          creatures) and stilts that must have had some sort of coiled springs
          jumping so high, doing **somersaults** on those stilts high up in the
          air -- and man could they sing!! And the trees reaching all the way to
          the top, speaking with deep, deep voices that resounded through the
          forest and through the auditorium -- their use of tall stilts and
          hidden platforms and revolving stage defied the law of gravity, the
          night sky on the backdrop with the moon was unbelievably life-like,
          and there was lightening effects and smoke -- I say movies go home,
          they're feeble, pale and tame in comparison to this. This musical
          stage production is the only justice done to the inner pictures you
          get when reading the trilogy. I had no idea it was possible to åull
          something like this off in a theater -- pure genius.

          Ah, very early in the story, Bilbo puts the ring on and becomes
          **instantly** invisible, and man how they pulled that off. And the
          green monster Gollum, played by Michael Therriault, blows you away,
          his battle with himself, fantastic body language and costume and
          make-up, geeeeeeezzz.

          More later.