Re: Epiphany, love, freezing cold, trolls in the hole, and more....

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 4, 2008
      I wrote:

      > There was another Norwegian person who saw these things, who lived a
      > very long time ago, namely Olav Asteson, and Rudolf Steiner took a keen
      > interest in his legacy, which is expressed through a song, namely
      > Draumkvedet, "The Dream Song", which describes Olav's
      > Epiphany-experience in the 13 holy nights from Christmas to Epiphany.

      Check out this lecture:

      http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/FormDest/19151221p01.html

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 4, 2008

        Dear Friends,

        I am working with a wonderful book brought forth by John Barnwell, who has also brought forth the book Arcana of the Grail Angel. In this book he looks at the 'Star Wisdom of the Tarot and Light on the Path' working with Mabel Collins work which Rudolf Steiner shed light on during his lifetime.

        I want to share this portion of it as I think it so serves to continually be pondering the karma that is happening between us and the people in our lives. I mean its one thing to speak of karma and a whole nother thing to live into and transform it when certain situations arise that call us to do so from a higher level versus a human antipathy and sympathy level.

        The idea that the seed is always present is astounding to me in a new way. What is made manifest and what is manifesting. So in every karmic situation no matter how tight it might be we have the possibility to transform it, to take it in hand, versus complaining about the people or the situation. To be awake in our feelings and to recognize our will impulses in all we do can only serve our next life here on earth. If we are able to wake up to our karma with the other we can fulfill our task of this time and move on towards ever greater tasks that our cosmic friends, angels and all, are needing support in.

        "What is called 'truth' by the Intellectual Soul (Kama-Manas), and is directed towards the finite, is only a sub-species of what the esotericist seeks as 'the Truth'. For the intellect's truth applies to what has become, to what is manifest. And the manifested is only a part of Being. Every object in our surroundings is, at the same time, product (that is, become, manifested) and seed (unmanifested, becoming). And only when one thinks of an object as both 'become' and 'becoming' does one realize that it is a member of One Life - the life where time is not outside, but within it. Thus finite truth is only something that has become; it must be called to life by a truth that is becoming. The former one comprehends, the latter one heeds.  All merely scientific truth belongs to the former kind. For those who seek only this kind of truth, Light on the Path,  has not been written. It is written for those who seek the truth which today is seed, so that tomorrow it will be product, and for those who do not merely comprehend the 'become' but heed the 'becoming'. Anyone who wishes to understand the teachings of Light on the Path' must engender them as his own, and yet love them as something completely independent, as a mother engenders a child as her own and loves it as someone apart.'

        All good things,

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 7, 2008
          I wrote:

          > Earlier on, I endeavored to rescue a lost and confused soul from the
          > Hole by trying to guide her first to her Damascus and then to her
          > Epiphany, but of no avail. And my latest peaks into the Abyss reveal
          > that orthodox, exoteric Christianity is also being targeted along with
          > other religions, in spite of Mr. Dugan's feeble objections and reminders
          > that traditional religion should be respected so the Unthinkable
          > Facility can keep their fundamentalist supporters. The funniest of these
          > is Watchman Fellowship because they hate everything from Oprah
          > Winfrey-ism to Mormonism and Catholicism and of course Islam and
          > Buddhism and Hinduism -- their list of killer-cults is a mile long --
          > check it out at http://www.watchman.org/cat95.htm
          >  -- I just love this, because they
          > hate and fear absolutely everything, including acupuncture and
          > aromatherapy. Browsing this anathema-list is an absolute must -- a list
          > that includes agnosticism and atheism.
          >
          > The other Christian orgs supporting the Unthinkable Facility are
          > basically of the same ilk.

          And this is getting better and better: The hole-creatures move on to discuss the Bible as historical research source, and the concludions offered are exactly what one would expect: namely ultra-rationalistic text-analyses atheist style. And Mr. Dugan's feeble reminders to respect Christianity because of those ultra-fundamentalistic PLANS-supporters are getting feebler by the hour:

          It's pretty clear from the style that the passage in Josephus was
          inserted later. That leaves the count of historical documents of Jesus
          at -zero-. I treat the Bible as literature.

          -Dan Dugan

          Zooey and Pete K agree wholeheartedly. The story about Jesus Christ as told in the Gospels is pure imaginative fiction and has nothing to do with historical reality.  And they're gonna hate this, but Rudolf Steiner agrees that there is no historical evidence that Christ ever lived.

          http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/LovWld_index.html

          Let us think again of the beginning of the evolution of the earth and of man. Man was endowed with certain spiritual powers — and then Lucifer approached him. At this point we can say: The Gods who further the progress of evolution surrendered their omnipotence to Lucifer in order that man might became free. But man sank into matter more deeply than was intended; he slipped away from the Gods of progress, fell more deeply than had been wished. How, then, can the Gods of progress draw man to themselves again? To understand this we must think, not of the earth, but of Gods taking counsel together. It is for the Gods that Christ performs the Deed by which men are drawn back to the Gods. Lucifer's deed was enacted in the supersensible world; Christ's Deed, too, was enacted in the supersensible but also in the physical world. This was an achievement beyond the power of any human being. Lucifer's deed was a deed belonging to the supersensible world. But Christ came down to the earth to perform His Deed here, and men are the onlookers at this Deed. The Mystery of Golgotha is a Deed of the Gods, a concern of the Gods at which men are the onlookers. The door of heaven opens and a Deed of the Gods shines through. This is the one and only Deed on earth that is entirely supersensible. No wonder, therefore, that those who do not believe in the supersensible have no belief in the Deed of Christ. The Deed of Christ is a Deed of the Gods, a Deed which they themselves enact. Herein lies the glory and the unique significance of the Mystery of Golgotha and men are invited to be its witnesses. Historical evidence is not to be found. Men have seen the event in its external aspect only; but the Gospels were written from vision of the supersensible and are therefore easily disavowed by those who have no feeling for supersensible reality.

          ( -- Rudolf Steiner: "Love and Its Meaning in the World", GA 143)

          Historical evidence is not to be found, says the Doctor. So unless one can understand the Mystery of Golgotha and the Risen One through divine-spiritual imaginative, inspirational, and  intuitive thinking, or at least some sort of traditional blind faith, one is compelled to say that Christ never lived and that everything in the Gospels is a manmade myth that has never had the remotest connection with reality.

          Of course the PLANS-supporting fundies are bound to conclude that their fellow hole-creatures are headed for eternal hellfire and brimstone in the next life for denying the Gospel so vehemently, but for some bizarre resaon their common hatred of anthroposophy is stronger than their mutual animosity -- the enemy of my enemy is my friend, as they say, although Peter S keeps insisting, among repeated condescending insults against all anthroposophists collectively, that they don't regard anthroposophy as an enemy at all.

          Anyway, someone should send a report about Dan Dugan's atheistic blasphemy against the Gospel to those Watchman fundies and their hysterical hallellujah cronies and tell them that their jealous metaphysical monarch and junta (the Lord God) doesn't  like to see them in bed with such blasphemous unbelievers and mockers.  It's an abomination in His sight, and one of these days the Almighty Lord may get one of his notorious temper tantrums and drop some nasty holy wrath on them for that.

          Cheers,

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 7, 2008
            The following contribution to this thread was sent to the wrong address by some scared email-nerd from the Hole:

            Re: Epiphany, love, freezing cold, trolls in the hole, and more....

            cathybalme@(..........)

            Fear you! lol! You  are of course joking...
            I'm really discovering how anthroposophists mind's work by reading
            this, or don't work, and fear is not the first word that I think of.
            Every parent at Steiner school should read this list before they place
            their children in the care of people who's schools are based on
            anthroposophy.
            Cathy

            Oh yes, this Cathy-baby from the Abyss is very, very afraid of me/us/mountain trolls whatever, can't sleep at night, fears we eat Waldorf children for lunch so the parents must be warned and lock their doors, gobble gobble....

            Gonna eat u 2, Cathy girl, with ketchup, because this is how anthro-digestions work: We don't chew that much, we more or less just swallow, like crocs do.  And we come through the window at night, so be very afraid and warn those parents.... gobble gobble....

            Greetings Freakingsteiner

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 7, 2008
              Cathy baby, I know you're a cybertroll, but that's our dear little secret. Is this a nut, a banana, a fruitcake, a space cadet, a cybertroll, or a venomous babysnake I was asking myself, and I decided that you're a Norwegian troll -- hello Steinar Beider, you again?

              A couple of give-aways in your text there, Steinar-Cathy: You write "Steiner school" instead of "Waldorf school" (a Steinarism) and you write "who's school" instead of "whose school", revealing that English is your second language. Voila, you're busted! Or did you really mean "who is a school"? Don't think so, my hulder trollpie!!

              This is Troll-Cathy Huldra in the woods, as Norwegian and occult as they come.

              Tarjei