Epiphany, love, freezing cold, trolls in the hole, and more....

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 4, 2008
      Let's begin with the observation that there's been a Norwegian troll in the hole, that there have been discussions about its identity and that I'm one of the prime suspects. Let's leave it at that and ask ourselves why trolls are associated with Norway, and why this particular troll chose to locate itself in Oslo of all places.

      Here is your answer in a classic drawing by Theodor Kittelsen (1857–1914) who revealed these trolls better than anyone before or since. In the above drawing, you see a troll strolling down Karl Johans gt, the main avenue in downtown Oslo (formerly Christiania), which makes it 0bvious why Oslo was chosen.

      In another superb dawing (below), Kittelsen shows us a troll wondering how old it is (which is not always easy to remember when centuries and millennia pass you by):

      And here is his forest-troll.....

      .... and his sea-troll:

      There was another Norwegian person who saw these things, who lived a very long time ago, namely Olav Asteson, and Rudolf Steiner took a keen interest in his legacy, which is expressed through a song, namely Draumkvedet, "The Dream Song", which describes Olav's Epiphany-experience in the 13 holy nights from Christmas to Epiphany. In a trance, Asteson travels through earth, water, air, and fire; crosses the perilous Gjaller Bridge, guarded by a serpent, a hound, and a bull; and sees heaven and hell and the judgment of souls. He returns to tell his visions to the congregation at church.

      This folk ballad with pagan and Christian symbols was first known in the Telemark region about 1200 C.E. and remained in oral tradition until modern times. It has always been a source of inspiration in Norwegian poetry, painting, and music. Reportedly a traditional rendering of Draumkvaede has a mystical power in its tones and melody. In 1955 a limited edition recording of the singing of Gudrun Grave Norland was issued by the Norsk Folksmuseum. An English language version of Draumkvaede was made in 1961 by anthroposophist Eleanor C. Merry, with color illustrations from her own paintings.

      Earlier on, I endeavored to rescue a lost and confused soul from the Hole by trying to guide her first to her Damascus and then to her Epiphany, but of no avail.  And my latest peaks into the Abyss reveal that orthodox, exoteric Christianity is also being targeted along with other religions, in spite of Mr. Dugan's feeble objections and reminders that traditional religion should be respected so the Unthinkable Facility can keep their fundamentalist supporters. The funniest of these is Watchman Fellowship because they hate everything from Oprah Winfrey-ism to Mormonism and Catholicism and of course Islam and Buddhism and Hinduism -- their list of killer-cults is a mile long --  check it out at http://www.watchman.org/cat95.htm -- I just love this, because they hate and fear absolutely everything, including acupuncture and aromatherapy. Browsing this anathema-list is an absolute must -- a list that includes agnosticism and atheism.

      The other Christian orgs supporting the Unthinkable Facility are basically of the same ilk.

      Now for something else: You know, when I tried to save that confused hole-soul that was showering this forum with 20 mad messages per day, I did everything in my power to give her lots and lots of love -- Christ-love, Pauline love, the warmtn of the Spiritual Sun. But now I recognize that for hole-creatures, all love is experienced as coldness. This is a curious phenomenon. "Cathy" describes her experience of anthroposophists thus:

      "Their lack of warmth, compassion and humility was staggering. Much of their behaviour seemed forced or staged, very contained and controlled."

      " Bruce" adds:

      "I was involved in professional theatre for years. I also mixed with a classical music crowd for a while. And I spent a bit of time involved with a Theosophical group. If it helps put things in perspective, you could be describing any of those three with your comments above."

      This explains my own coldness in a nutshell. Not only did I grow up in the theater with both parents as actors and my father as twice theater manager, my mom had a classical education in music and tutored students at home in piano and singing while reading anthroposophy, and then I also took a theater education in London and I was reading anthroposophy too, so we became one ice cold family. And freezing coldness is Ahriman, of course. And like Bruce says, any of these three influences (theater, classical music, and theosophy) will make you colder than ice just like Ahriman.

      I won't deny that. I'm very, very cold. I'm a cold-hearted killer at heart. I make people suffer with my cold stares and ill will while pretending to be loving and caring. I'm a con man and a cut-throat and I love it.

      At any rate, I'm quite at ease with the hole-folks thinking of me that way, because it means they respect me and fear me; my very name makes them shudder with cold. And at the same time, I guess they're longing for it, because it's probably uncomfortably hot in the Abyss, especially at this time of year.

      Ahh, theosophists, anthroposophists, actors, playwrights, musicians, you wonderful cold people, please come down to the hole and cool me off before I pass out!

      Cool vibes indeed,

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 4, 2008
        I wrote:

        > There was another Norwegian person who saw these things, who lived a
        > very long time ago, namely Olav Asteson, and Rudolf Steiner took a keen
        > interest in his legacy, which is expressed through a song, namely
        > Draumkvedet, "The Dream Song", which describes Olav's
        > Epiphany-experience in the 13 holy nights from Christmas to Epiphany.

        Check out this lecture:

        http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/FormDest/19151221p01.html

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 4, 2008

          Dear Friends,

          I am working with a wonderful book brought forth by John Barnwell, who has also brought forth the book Arcana of the Grail Angel. In this book he looks at the 'Star Wisdom of the Tarot and Light on the Path' working with Mabel Collins work which Rudolf Steiner shed light on during his lifetime.

          I want to share this portion of it as I think it so serves to continually be pondering the karma that is happening between us and the people in our lives. I mean its one thing to speak of karma and a whole nother thing to live into and transform it when certain situations arise that call us to do so from a higher level versus a human antipathy and sympathy level.

          The idea that the seed is always present is astounding to me in a new way. What is made manifest and what is manifesting. So in every karmic situation no matter how tight it might be we have the possibility to transform it, to take it in hand, versus complaining about the people or the situation. To be awake in our feelings and to recognize our will impulses in all we do can only serve our next life here on earth. If we are able to wake up to our karma with the other we can fulfill our task of this time and move on towards ever greater tasks that our cosmic friends, angels and all, are needing support in.

          "What is called 'truth' by the Intellectual Soul (Kama-Manas), and is directed towards the finite, is only a sub-species of what the esotericist seeks as 'the Truth'. For the intellect's truth applies to what has become, to what is manifest. And the manifested is only a part of Being. Every object in our surroundings is, at the same time, product (that is, become, manifested) and seed (unmanifested, becoming). And only when one thinks of an object as both 'become' and 'becoming' does one realize that it is a member of One Life - the life where time is not outside, but within it. Thus finite truth is only something that has become; it must be called to life by a truth that is becoming. The former one comprehends, the latter one heeds.  All merely scientific truth belongs to the former kind. For those who seek only this kind of truth, Light on the Path,  has not been written. It is written for those who seek the truth which today is seed, so that tomorrow it will be product, and for those who do not merely comprehend the 'become' but heed the 'becoming'. Anyone who wishes to understand the teachings of Light on the Path' must engender them as his own, and yet love them as something completely independent, as a mother engenders a child as her own and loves it as someone apart.'

          All good things,

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 7, 2008
            I wrote:

            > Earlier on, I endeavored to rescue a lost and confused soul from the
            > Hole by trying to guide her first to her Damascus and then to her
            > Epiphany, but of no avail. And my latest peaks into the Abyss reveal
            > that orthodox, exoteric Christianity is also being targeted along with
            > other religions, in spite of Mr. Dugan's feeble objections and reminders
            > that traditional religion should be respected so the Unthinkable
            > Facility can keep their fundamentalist supporters. The funniest of these
            > is Watchman Fellowship because they hate everything from Oprah
            > Winfrey-ism to Mormonism and Catholicism and of course Islam and
            > Buddhism and Hinduism -- their list of killer-cults is a mile long --
            > check it out at http://www.watchman.org/cat95.htm
            >  -- I just love this, because they
            > hate and fear absolutely everything, including acupuncture and
            > aromatherapy. Browsing this anathema-list is an absolute must -- a list
            > that includes agnosticism and atheism.
            >
            > The other Christian orgs supporting the Unthinkable Facility are
            > basically of the same ilk.

            And this is getting better and better: The hole-creatures move on to discuss the Bible as historical research source, and the concludions offered are exactly what one would expect: namely ultra-rationalistic text-analyses atheist style. And Mr. Dugan's feeble reminders to respect Christianity because of those ultra-fundamentalistic PLANS-supporters are getting feebler by the hour:

            It's pretty clear from the style that the passage in Josephus was
            inserted later. That leaves the count of historical documents of Jesus
            at -zero-. I treat the Bible as literature.

            -Dan Dugan

            Zooey and Pete K agree wholeheartedly. The story about Jesus Christ as told in the Gospels is pure imaginative fiction and has nothing to do with historical reality.  And they're gonna hate this, but Rudolf Steiner agrees that there is no historical evidence that Christ ever lived.

            http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/LovWld_index.html

            Let us think again of the beginning of the evolution of the earth and of man. Man was endowed with certain spiritual powers — and then Lucifer approached him. At this point we can say: The Gods who further the progress of evolution surrendered their omnipotence to Lucifer in order that man might became free. But man sank into matter more deeply than was intended; he slipped away from the Gods of progress, fell more deeply than had been wished. How, then, can the Gods of progress draw man to themselves again? To understand this we must think, not of the earth, but of Gods taking counsel together. It is for the Gods that Christ performs the Deed by which men are drawn back to the Gods. Lucifer's deed was enacted in the supersensible world; Christ's Deed, too, was enacted in the supersensible but also in the physical world. This was an achievement beyond the power of any human being. Lucifer's deed was a deed belonging to the supersensible world. But Christ came down to the earth to perform His Deed here, and men are the onlookers at this Deed. The Mystery of Golgotha is a Deed of the Gods, a concern of the Gods at which men are the onlookers. The door of heaven opens and a Deed of the Gods shines through. This is the one and only Deed on earth that is entirely supersensible. No wonder, therefore, that those who do not believe in the supersensible have no belief in the Deed of Christ. The Deed of Christ is a Deed of the Gods, a Deed which they themselves enact. Herein lies the glory and the unique significance of the Mystery of Golgotha and men are invited to be its witnesses. Historical evidence is not to be found. Men have seen the event in its external aspect only; but the Gospels were written from vision of the supersensible and are therefore easily disavowed by those who have no feeling for supersensible reality.

            ( -- Rudolf Steiner: "Love and Its Meaning in the World", GA 143)

            Historical evidence is not to be found, says the Doctor. So unless one can understand the Mystery of Golgotha and the Risen One through divine-spiritual imaginative, inspirational, and  intuitive thinking, or at least some sort of traditional blind faith, one is compelled to say that Christ never lived and that everything in the Gospels is a manmade myth that has never had the remotest connection with reality.

            Of course the PLANS-supporting fundies are bound to conclude that their fellow hole-creatures are headed for eternal hellfire and brimstone in the next life for denying the Gospel so vehemently, but for some bizarre resaon their common hatred of anthroposophy is stronger than their mutual animosity -- the enemy of my enemy is my friend, as they say, although Peter S keeps insisting, among repeated condescending insults against all anthroposophists collectively, that they don't regard anthroposophy as an enemy at all.

            Anyway, someone should send a report about Dan Dugan's atheistic blasphemy against the Gospel to those Watchman fundies and their hysterical hallellujah cronies and tell them that their jealous metaphysical monarch and junta (the Lord God) doesn't  like to see them in bed with such blasphemous unbelievers and mockers.  It's an abomination in His sight, and one of these days the Almighty Lord may get one of his notorious temper tantrums and drop some nasty holy wrath on them for that.

            Cheers,

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 7, 2008
              The following contribution to this thread was sent to the wrong address by some scared email-nerd from the Hole:

              Re: Epiphany, love, freezing cold, trolls in the hole, and more....

              cathybalme@(..........)

              Fear you! lol! You  are of course joking...
              I'm really discovering how anthroposophists mind's work by reading
              this, or don't work, and fear is not the first word that I think of.
              Every parent at Steiner school should read this list before they place
              their children in the care of people who's schools are based on
              anthroposophy.
              Cathy

              Oh yes, this Cathy-baby from the Abyss is very, very afraid of me/us/mountain trolls whatever, can't sleep at night, fears we eat Waldorf children for lunch so the parents must be warned and lock their doors, gobble gobble....

              Gonna eat u 2, Cathy girl, with ketchup, because this is how anthro-digestions work: We don't chew that much, we more or less just swallow, like crocs do.  And we come through the window at night, so be very afraid and warn those parents.... gobble gobble....

              Greetings Freakingsteiner

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 7, 2008
                Cathy baby, I know you're a cybertroll, but that's our dear little secret. Is this a nut, a banana, a fruitcake, a space cadet, a cybertroll, or a venomous babysnake I was asking myself, and I decided that you're a Norwegian troll -- hello Steinar Beider, you again?

                A couple of give-aways in your text there, Steinar-Cathy: You write "Steiner school" instead of "Waldorf school" (a Steinarism) and you write "who's school" instead of "whose school", revealing that English is your second language. Voila, you're busted! Or did you really mean "who is a school"? Don't think so, my hulder trollpie!!

                This is Troll-Cathy Huldra in the woods, as Norwegian and occult as they come.

                Tarjei