Gandalf Deniers at A_T

    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 26, 2008
      A Waldorf-Critic-Creature has unearthed Gandalf deniers at this site.
      This is undeniably a shameful situation and, with all due respect to the Powers that Be, I suggest that they be immediately banned (the Gandalf deniers, not the Powers that Be).

      "I took a look at that group site. Frank Thomas Smith also ridiculed my
      post about Tolkien's racism and he quoted all I wrote about that with
      a big laugh.

      But I was not the person that thought this out, it came from a very
      straight web site with proper references. I did very much digging in
      the archives at Anthroposophy Tomorrow, and there was much
      antisemitism, one man was very angry against Jews because they were
      Christ-deniars and then a Tolkien-man said that the same Jews were
      also Gandalf-deniars. And Gandalf is from Tolkien's Lord of the Rings.
      As agnostic, I am also guilty of those things, you do not have to be
      Jewish to deny Christ and Gandalf, but this shows that Tolkien-people
      are not only metaphysical fairy tale racists but also real-life
      antisemitic racists just like theosophists and anthroposophists and
      others that believe in the Aryan myth and the swastika."
      Greetings,

      Steinar
      P.S. This guy or gal is in a confused state of soul. He compulsively spells deniers "deniars" and Steiner "Steinar".
      Wheh!
      Frank
      http://www.doomlabs.com/projects/cannons/gandalfs_staff/doom_gandalf_mxs_tt_.jpg
    • Robert Mason
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 27, 2008
        <eltrigal78@...> wrote:

        > P.S. This guy or gal is in a confused state of soul. He compulsively
        > spells deniers "deniars" and Steiner "Steinar".

        Ease up a little, Francisco. English isn't his first
        language; he's Norwegian. *Steinar* is a Norwegian
        name.

        Rubart
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 27, 2008
          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Mason"
          <robertsmason_99@...> wrote:

          > <eltrigal78@> wrote:
          >
          > > P.S. This guy or gal is in a confused state of soul. He compulsively
          > > spells deniers "deniars" and Steiner "Steinar".
          >
          > Ease up a little, Francisco. English isn't his first
          > language; he's Norwegian. *Steinar* is a Norwegian
          > name.
          >
          > Rubart

          Yeah, and I'm a hobbit.
          f.
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 28, 2008
            Peter Staudenmaier wrote at WC
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/waldorf-critics/message/5087

            "Hello Steinar,

            Steinar:  People like Frank Smith and you are very knowledgible

            Frank evidently believes you are an actual critic of Waldorf and anthroposophy,
            rather than an anthroposophist posing as a critic. I find this genuinely
            remarkable. I've tried in the past to explain to Frank the difference between
            credulous reading and critical reading; looks like it didn't sink in."

            This credulous reading critic (Peter) answered Steinar at least 3 times, very seriously explaining anthroposophy to him. Now he has the audacious balls to say that I don't know the difference between credulous and critical reading.
            And now, to spray audacious icing on the cake, Tom Mellett (at A-W) claims that Steinar Beider (Stone worker) is really Tarjei. But we know, dear A_T friends, that Uncle Taz would never condescend to be a Norwegian Troll - don't we?
            Frank

            --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith" <eltrigal78@...> wrote:

            > A Waldorf-Critic-Creature has unearthed Gandalf deniers at this site.
            > This is undeniably a shameful situation and, with all due respect to the
            > Powers that Be, I suggest that they be immediately banned (the Gandalf
            > deniers, not the Powers that Be).

            > "I took a look at that group site. Frank Thomas Smith also ridiculed my
            > post about Tolkien's racism and he quoted all I wrote about that with
            > a big laugh.
            >
            > But I was not the person that thought this out, it came from a very
            > straight web site with proper references. I did very much digging in
            > the archives at Anthroposophy Tomorrow, and there was much
            > antisemitism, one man was very angry against Jews because they were
            > Christ-deniars and then a Tolkien-man said that the same Jews were
            > also Gandalf-deniars. And Gandalf is from Tolkien's Lord of the Rings.
            > As agnostic, I am also guilty of those things, you do not have to be
            > Jewish to deny Christ and Gandalf, but this shows that Tolkien-people
            > are not only metaphysical fairy tale racists but also real-life
            > antisemitic racists just like theosophists and anthroposophists and
            > others that believe in the Aryan myth and the swastika."
            > Greetings,
            >
            > Steinar
            > P.S. This guy or gal is in a confused state of soul. He compulsively
            > spells deniers "deniars" and Steiner "Steinar".
            > Wheh!
            > Frank
            >
            > [http://www.doomlabs.com/projects/cannons/gandalfs_staff/doom_gandalf_mx\
            > s_tt_.jpg]

          • Simone
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 28, 2008
              --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith" <eltrigal78@...> wrote:

              > Peter Staudenmaier wrote at WC
              > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/waldorf-critics/message/5087
              >

              > "Hello Steinar,
              >
              > Steinar: People like Frank Smith and you are very knowledgible
              >

              > Frank evidently believes you are an actual critic of Waldorf and
              > anthroposophy,
              > rather than an anthroposophist posing as a critic. I find this genuinely
              > remarkable. I've tried in the past to explain to Frank the difference
              > between
              > credulous reading and critical reading; looks like it didn't sink in."
              >
              > This credulous reading critic (Peter) answered Steinar at least 3 times,
              > very seriously explaining anthroposophy to him. Now he has the audacious
              > balls to say that I don't know the difference between credulous and
              > critical reading.
              > And now, to spray audacious icing on the cake, Tom Mellett (at A-W)
              > claims that Steinar Beider (Stone worker) is really Tarjei. But we know,
              > dear A_T friends, that Uncle Taz would never condescend to be a
              > Norwegian Troll - don't we?
              > Frank

              Caro Francisco,

              It seems that Tom Mellet, despite very sharp and savvy, doesn't know how to use these qualities when it comes to identifying trolls. Besides, he was away from cyber anthroposophy circles for too long and doesn't know most of the new players on the game. I remember he once wrote here that all anthroposophists on WC were Tarjei's trolls, including Brad Martin, who, we know, is a real person. So, it seems that Tom sees Tarjei's ghost everywhere in the cyberspace.

              I've read Steinar posts on WC and I've a very good guess of who's behind it – I'm 99% sure, so, I can't reveal the name since it is not absolute certainty and I don't wanna make false cyber-accusations. These thing of proxy servers made trolling identification nearly impossible, that is, you know who it is but you can't ever be sure. Anyway, by situating the troll on Norway and throwing here and there some of Tarjei's typical style, like parodying songs and citing Nixon (Tom, you're underestimating Tarjei by far!), this person (yeap, I know it's you!) certainly wanted to make people believe he was Tarjei. It's amazing how revengeful people can be and how long they can carry around bitter feelings because of banishment from a cyber-forum…

              Abraços (para o Francisco!),

              Simone

              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 28, 2008

                I so LOVE Frank. Why, Tarjei, it would never ever occur to me in the least!

                All good good and better things,

                Dottie

                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 29, 2008
                  --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Simone" <simonedim@...> wrote:

                  > Caro Francisco,
                  >

                  > It seems that Tom Mellet, despite very sharp and savvy, doesn't know
                  > how to use these qualities when it comes to identifying trolls. Besides,
                  > he was away from cyber anthroposophy circles for too long and
                  > doesn't know most of the new players on the game. I remember he once
                  > wrote here that all anthroposophists on WC were Tarjei's trolls,
                  > including Brad Martin, who, we know, is a real person. So, it seems that
                  > Tom sees Tarjei's ghost everywhere in the cyberspace.
                  >
                  > I've read Steinar posts on WC and I've a very good guess of
                  > who's behind it – I'm 99% sure, so, I can't reveal the
                  > name since it is not absolute certainty and I don't wanna make false
                  > cyber-accusations. These thing of proxy servers made trolling
                  > identification nearly impossible, that is, you know who it is but you
                  > can't ever be sure. Anyway, by situating the troll on Norway and
                  > throwing here and there some of Tarjei's typical style, like
                  > parodying songs and citing Nixon (Tom, you're underestimating Tarjei
                  > by far!), this person (yeap, I know it's you!) certainly wanted to
                  > make people believe he was Tarjei. It's amazing how revengeful
                  > people can be and how long they can carry around bitter feelings because
                  > of banishment from a cyber-forum…
                  >

                  > Abraços (para o Francisco!),
                  >
                  > Simone

                  Correcto, Simone, it's really dastardly of these volks to accuse Uncle Taz of such a dastardly deed. And Tarjei himself while all this is going on? Probably sitting in a sauna contemplating his navel, too much of a gentleman to even consider defending himself.
                  http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d46/xelakram/Cheney.jpg

                  Abraços fortes para voce!
                  Frank

                • JoAnn Schwartz
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 29, 2008
                    Frank!

                    Tarjei as Cheney?!?!  Now I need to bleach my brain!!

                    Grumbling,
                    JoAnn

                    ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
                    There must have been a moment, at the beginning, where we could have said -- no. But, somehow we missed it.

                    Well, we'll know better next time.
                    -Tom Stoppard, "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead"

                    -

                  • Simone
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 29, 2008
                      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith" <eltrigal78@...> wrote:

                      > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Simone" simonedim@
                      > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Caro Francisco,
                      > >

                      > > It seems that Tom Mellet, despite very sharp and savvy, doesn't know
                      > > how to use these qualities when it comes to identifying trolls.
                      > Besides,
                      > > he was away from cyber anthroposophy circles for too long and
                      > > doesn't know most of the new players on the game. I remember he once
                      > > wrote here that all anthroposophists on WC were Tarjei's trolls,
                      > > including Brad Martin, who, we know, is a real person. So, it seems
                      > that
                      > > Tom sees Tarjei's ghost everywhere in the cyberspace.
                      > >
                      > > I've read Steinar posts on WC and I've a very good guess of
                      > > who's behind it – I'm 99% sure, so, I can't reveal the
                      > > name since it is not absolute certainty and I don't wanna make false
                      > > cyber-accusations. These thing of proxy servers made trolling
                      > > identification nearly impossible, that is, you know who it is but you
                      > > can't ever be sure. Anyway, by situating the troll on Norway and
                      > > throwing here and there some of Tarjei's typical style, like
                      > > parodying songs and citing Nixon (Tom, you're underestimating Tarjei
                      > > by far!), this person (yeap, I know it's you!) certainly wanted to
                      > > make people believe he was Tarjei. It's amazing how revengeful
                      > > people can be and how long they can carry around bitter feelings
                      > because
                      > > of banishment from a cyber-forum…
                      > >

                      > > Abraços (para o Francisco!),
                      > >
                      > > Simone
                      >
                      > Correcto, Simone, it's really dastardly of these volks to accuse Uncle
                      > Taz of such a dastardly deed. And Tarjei himself while all this is going
                      > on? Probably sitting in a sauna contemplating his navel, too much of a
                      > gentleman to even consider defending himself.
                      > [http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d46/xelakram/Cheney.jpg]
                      >
                      > Abraços fortes para voce!
                      > Frank

                      LOL Frankizito, what would be of this forum if we hadn't you…

                      More abraços,

                      Simone

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 29, 2008
                        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, JoAnn Schwartz
                        <sr_joanna@...> wrote:

                        > Frank!
                        >
                        > Tarjei as Cheney?!?! Now I need to bleach my brain!!
                        >
                        > Grumbling,
                        > JoAnn

                        Oh, was that Cheney? I didn't notice, was just looking for a guy
                        contemplating his navel and looks like Tarjei.
                        Crumbling,
                        Frank

                        > ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
                        >
                        > There must have been a moment, at the beginning, where we could have
                        said -- no. But, somehow we missed it.

                        > Well, we'll know better next time.
                        >
                        > -Tom Stoppard, "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead"
                        >
                        > -

                      • steinarbeider
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jun 29, 2008
                          <eltrigal78@...> wrote:

                          > A Waldorf-Critic-Creature has unearthed Gandalf deniers at this site.
                          > This is undeniably a shameful situation and, with all due respect to the
                          > Powers that Be, I suggest that they be immediately banned (the Gandalf
                          > deniers, not the Powers that Be).

                          Frank Smith, you have misunderstood my WC post very much because I did
                          not say that any at this AT site was Gandalf deniar. I said people at
                          this site who are antisemitic Aryan cultists accuse Jews of Gandalf
                          denial and also Christ denial, that is in the archives somewear. There
                          is nothing wrong with denying Gandalf, I am agnostic and deny Gandalf
                          also so why should it be wrong to deny Gandalf if you are Jewish and
                          why are Steiner-cultists also Tolkien-racists?

                          Greetings,

                          Steinar Beider
                          Oslo, Norway
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jun 30, 2008
                            --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "steinarbeider"
                            <steinarbeider@...> wrote:

                            > <eltrigal78@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > A Waldorf-Critic-Creature has unearthed Gandalf deniers at this site.
                            > > This is undeniably a shameful situation and, with all due respect
                            to the
                            > > Powers that Be, I suggest that they be immediately banned (the Gandalf
                            > > deniers, not the Powers that Be).
                            >
                            > Frank Smith, you have misunderstood my WC post very much because I did
                            > not say that any at this AT site was Gandalf deniar. I said people at
                            > this site who are antisemitic Aryan cultists accuse Jews of Gandalf
                            > denial and also Christ denial, that is in the archives somewear. There
                            > is nothing wrong with denying Gandalf, I am agnostic and deny Gandalf
                            > also so why should it be wrong to deny Gandalf if you are Jewish and
                            > why are Steiner-cultists also Tolkien-racists?
                            >
                            > Greetings,
                            >
                            > Steinar Beider
                            > Oslo, Norway

                            Hi Steinar,
                            I regret to tell you that if all the anti-Semitic Aryan cultists on
                            this list were banned, there'd be nobody left. That's why I suggested
                            only the Galndalf deniers be banned. Since, however, according to you
                            there are no Gandalf deniers, I fear there is nothing to be done.Btw
                            it's deni*e*rs , not deni*a*rs. I know you're a foreigner and as such
                            are accepted on this multicultural list - unfortunately imo; I think
                            ALL foreigners should be banned from everywhere. But you could at
                            least use your spelling program.
                            Bast regerds,
                            Frank
                          • Simone
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jun 30, 2008

                              --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith" <eltrigal78@...> wrote:

                              > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "steinarbeider"
                              > steinarbeider@ wrote:
                              > >
                              > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith"
                              > > <eltrigal78@> wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > A Waldorf-Critic-Creature has unearthed Gandalf deniers at this site.
                              > > > This is undeniably a shameful situation and, with all due respect
                              > to the
                              > > > Powers that Be, I suggest that they be immediately banned (the Gandalf
                              > > > deniers, not the Powers that Be).
                              > >
                              > > Frank Smith, you have misunderstood my WC post very much because I did
                              > > not say that any at this AT site was Gandalf deniar. I said people at
                              > > this site who are antisemitic Aryan cultists accuse Jews of Gandalf
                              > > denial and also Christ denial, that is in the archives somewear. There
                              > > is nothing wrong with denying Gandalf, I am agnostic and deny Gandalf
                              > > also so why should it be wrong to deny Gandalf if you are Jewish and
                              > > why are Steiner-cultists also Tolkien-racists?
                              > >
                              > > Greetings,
                              > >
                              > > Steinar Beider
                              > > Oslo, Norway
                              > >
                              > Hi Steinar,
                              > I regret to tell you that if all the anti-Semitic Aryan cultists on
                              > this list were banned, there'd be nobody left. That's why I suggested
                              > only the Galndalf deniers be banned. Since, however, according to you
                              > there are no Gandalf deniers, I fear there is nothing to be done.Btw
                              > it's deni*e*rs , not deni*a*rs. I know you're a foreigner and as such
                              > are accepted on this multicultural list - unfortunately imo; I think
                              > ALL foreigners should be banned from everywhere.

                              I agree wholeheartedly.

                              But you could at
                              > least use your spelling program.
                              > Bast regerds,
                              > Frank

                            • write3chairs
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jul 2 4:35 PM

                                --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith" wrote:

                                >> It's amazing how revengeful
                                >> people can be and how long they can carry around bitter feelings because
                                >> of banishment from a cyber-forum…
                                >>
                                >> Abraços (para o Francisco!),
                                >> Simone
                                >
                                > Correcto, Simone, it's really dastardly of these volks
                                > to accuse Uncle Taz of such a dastardly deed. And Tarjei
                                > himself while all this is going on? Probably sitting in
                                > a sauna contemplating his navel, too much of a gentleman
                                > to even consider defending himself.

                                http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d46/xelakram/Cheney.jpg

                                Yes, he is indeed above reproach. And yet I don't know if there's a sauna anywhere near the fishing hole, Frank. My suspicion is that he is fishing in this lake, the one he enjoyed fishing in as a boy with his grandfather.

                                Digging back into the archive, I found this, penned by Tarjei's own Holy hand:

                                "There's this wonderful and moving Norwegian fairy tale about that kiddie troll -- he was blind like most of them deep inside the mountain, but his father had one eye, and he had been promised that he could borrow his old man's eye on his 500th birthday and go for a stroll. So his five hundredth birthday came along, and his father lent him his eye so he could go out after sundown, but he had to promise to return before sunrise, because if daylight hit him, he would melt into a lake.

                                "The kiddie troll promised, and he went outside and looked around with his borrowed eye, at the starry sky, all the houses, the railway and so on, and he was so fascinated that he strolled around all night long and quite forgot that the sun would rise until it was too late: As soon as he remembered that, the sun came up on the horizon and hit him with an early morning ray, and the sweet kiddie-troll immediately melted into a lake.

                                "It was a nice lake in Telemark, and when I was a kid, my grandfather owned that property, the whole forest around it, and he had bred some freshwater fish in it, and we used to go fishing together, almost until I was ten years old, when my grandfather passed away. We also used to swim in the lake, and in winter, we ice skated on it. So that little troll became a martyr, in a sense, for our benefit."

                                Hope you're having a great summer!

                                Jennifer