Re: Regrets from Gaelman

  • write3chairs
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 12, 2008
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, dottie zold wrote:

      > Yeah I know what Gaelman means. I too have had
      > to look at these things each night after I wrote
      > them and many times cringed. And yet it was the
      > growing curve I didnt' know I needed to have.
      > Before the internet you would have never found
      > me ever with this way of being. I did not know
      > it could exist in me. And to me this is such
      > a great forum to out our doubles. It is incredibly
      > important that we meet our double and that we are
      > tested and tried. And we get to see how we fare
      > as we move foward not really realizing we are
      > courting our double and those of others.
      > It's been an invaluable lesson that I would have
      > avoided if I knew what was the passage was.
      > Thankfully I did not know and embarked upon it
      > and tried to make ammends as I moved foward
      > each day each month each year.

      Yes, this is definitely the kind of thing one would
      tend to avoid and I doubt any one of us would have
      chosen to be tossed into the very flames that would
      come to help fire us to some semblance of perfection.

      Reminds me of Gibran's "The Prophet," on love.

      When love beckons to you, follow him,
      Though his ways are hard and steep.
      And when his wings enfold you yield to him,
      Though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you.
      And when he speaks to you believe in him,
      Though his voice may shatter your dreams
      as the north wind lays waste the garden.

      For even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you. Even as he is
      for your growth so is he for your pruning.
      Even as he ascends to your height and caresses your tenderest
      branches that quiver in the sun,
      So shall he descend to your roots and shake them in their clinging to
      the earth.

      Like sheaves of corn he gathers you unto himself.
      He threshes you to make you naked.
      He sifts you to free you from your husks.
      He grinds you to whiteness.
      He kneads you until you are pliant;
      And then he assigns you to his sacred fire, that you may become
      sacred bread for God's sacred feast.

      All these things shall love do unto you that you may know the secrets
      of your heart, and in that knowledge become a fragment of Life's
      heart.

      But if in your fear you would seek only love's peace and love's
      pleasure,
      Then it is better for you that you cover your nakedness and pass out
      of love's threshing-floor,
      Into the seasonless world where you shall laugh, but not all of your
      laughter, and weep, but not all of your tears.
      Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself.
      Love possesses not nor would it be possessed;
      For love is sufficient unto love.

      When you love you should not say, "God is in my heart," but
      rather, "I am in the heart of God."
      And think not you can direct the course of love, for love, if it
      finds you worthy, directs your course.

      Love has no other desire but to fulfill itself.
      But if you love and must needs have desires, let these be your
      desires:
      To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the
      night.
      To know the pain of too much tenderness.
      To be wounded by your own understanding of love;
      And to bleed willingly and joyfully.
      To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day
      of loving;
      To rest at the noon hour and meditate love's ecstasy;
      To return home at eventide with gratitude;
      And then to sleep with a prayer for the beloved in your heart and a
      song of praise upon your lips.

      > The Imagination Troubador, a quarterly news letter
      > and also online mag put out by Daniel Bittleston,
      > Adams' son, has a wonderful quote by Rudolf Steiner
      > speaking to this very issue. I will share it later
      > on this evening.

      Did you share this already? I will look for it, Dottie.

      > Thanks Frank and Gaelman for the opportunity to share
      > my portion of it as well.

      Yes, thanks to Frank for sharing it here and to Gaelman
      (again) for outing himself in such a noble way. :)

      Jennifer