Samael

    Message 1 of 43 , Jun 7 9:23 PM

      Ah, so I think I have the name of the one known as Lucifer: Samael...

      "In The Holy Kabbalah (Arthur Edward Waite, 255), Samael is described as the "severity of God", and is listed as fifth of the archangels of the world of Briah. Samael is said to have taken Lilith as his bride after she left Adam. According to Zoharistic cabala, Samael was also mated with Eisheth Zenunim, Na'amah, and Agrat Bat Mahlat - all angels of prostitution."

      Dottie: I find it interesting we are looking at the 5th of the Archangels in the world of Briah. Especially in light of the Holy Spirit/Fifth Chamber of the Heart, Fifth Epoch etc. Interesting. We shall see what the Rabbi says.

      All good things,

      Message 43 of 43 , Jun 8 12:17 PM

        Okay, okay okay:) whew to be again like in the old days is not such a bad thing is what I think...anyhows here is something from the same page:

        "The respective advantages of each of these is that the H shape preserves the notion of three pillars that supposedly "support the temple", while the A tree preserves the equilateral triangle shape. (Note the zig-zagging red line on the A tree. This follows the succesive spheres, and is described as looking like a lightning bolt.)

        Mixing Metaphors

        As I pointed out earlier, the Tree of Life legend is based on, and analogous to, the model of Jacob's Ladder; but as you well know a tree is not a ladder. A E Waite addresses this issue in his "A New Encyclopedia of Freemasonry" (p 409):

        Dottie: Now, who's ladder are we climbing? And who is it that we, as we tread this path, take up with us? Oh boy.

        From: dottie zold <dottie_z@...>
        To: anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Sunday, June 8, 2008, 12:05 PM

        In case you didn't go to the second page:)

        http://web.newsguy.com/bigbytes/dc_cathedral/cathedral10.htm