Re: Sophia and the Feminine Upper

  • write3chairs
    Message 1 of 43 , Jun 4, 2008
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Albert Sándor wrote:

      > Let me add that I value higly all input
      > made by all members, and feel lucky to
      > be able to witness it.
      Upper

      > Yes, I have a living room. And no matter how
      > masterfully I describe it, you will not know it
      > until you become my guest.
      > I did not say descriptipons are useless.
      > I said they cannot fully represent reality.
      > They represent an image of reality.
      > Why is that so hard to accept ?

      Hi, Albert! It seems you are saying here that
      nothing but reality can fully represent reality?

      Okay.

      Words and pictures help depict what it might be,
      or what people perceive it to be, but of course
      descriptions are extremely limited, in many ways.
      As are pictures, photographs, ... just about
      anything representative of anything else, really.

      Like you, I value the input here, too, and was
      merely making (somewhat insipid) conversation.

      Thanks. :)

      Jennifer
      Message 43 of 43 , Jun 8, 2008

        Okay, okay okay:) whew to be again like in the old days is not such a bad thing is what I think...anyhows here is something from the same page:

        "The respective advantages of each of these is that the H shape preserves the notion of three pillars that supposedly "support the temple", while the A tree preserves the equilateral triangle shape. (Note the zig-zagging red line on the A tree. This follows the succesive spheres, and is described as looking like a lightning bolt.)

        Mixing Metaphors

        As I pointed out earlier, the Tree of Life legend is based on, and analogous to, the model of Jacob's Ladder; but as you well know a tree is not a ladder. A E Waite addresses this issue in his "A New Encyclopedia of Freemasonry" (p 409):

        Dottie: Now, who's ladder are we climbing? And who is it that we, as we tread this path, take up with us? Oh boy.

        From: dottie zold <dottie_z@...>
        To: anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Sunday, June 8, 2008, 12:05 PM

        In case you didn't go to the second page:)

        http://web.newsguy.com/bigbytes/dc_cathedral/cathedral10.htm