Apology and the Wild Wild West

  • Mike Helsher
    Message 1 of 43 , May 24, 2008
      First off, My apologies to you Bradford, and to the list, for my rather crass reaction to your last post. It was brought to my attention that my attempt at sarcastic humor might have backfired. It's not an easy task to attempt to meet people where there at, an not offend others on a public E-list. Allot gets lost in the interpretation of these here little cyphers.

      Anyways, you wrote:

      It is called…. FEAR OF THE TRUTH!
      Here is a piece of intellectual soul for you to chew on.
      http://desertpeace. wordpress. com/2008/ 05/24/why- israel-fears- norman-finkelste in/

      Some friends of mine and I get together once a month for "radical movie night". Last night we watched good-old Noam on American imperialism:

      http://www.chomsky.info/audionvideo.htm

      He is amazingly factual in his delivery. Yet he does not preach any doctrine or condemn those who are not "in the know".

      The consensus at our meeting was that he is a brilliant investigator of political intention driven by "the need for more" which is a "lesser guardian" attribute in RS terms. Many of the people at our meeting are aware of the idea of "presence" as an alternative to the unconscious submission to the status quo.  Yet they have no knowledge of Rudolf Steiner and his incredible legacy. "Presence" is the awareness of being. A state which RS describes in the POF as "an exceptional state". It is the awareness behind the thinking, or conditioned mind which RS described as our "characterological disposition"

      Discussion at our meeting seemed to flow in the direction of personal responsibility, and the  importance of being aware of the insanity that is threatening our human existence. "Insanity" can and does bring the most prominent human intelligence to the table as ineffable doctrine contained in words. Think about the insanity of that last sentence.

      We talked about how "Insanity" can only exist in the past, or in the future. If one can hone their thinking to the here and now, insanity cannot exist.

      So I can appreciate your reminders of the insanity all around us. But I wonder if you can use that incredible imagination of yours to inspire some "consciousness soul" fluidity, Instead of just pointing out how stuck we all are in the lower levels.

      This here AT list is evolving like everything else. True "choice" is a "consciousness soul" activity. We have had a reputation as a "wild west" anthro group. I think we're evolving. No doubt that we can be crucified by the status quo. Good. Because I have absolutely no doubt that consciousness will resurrect something beautiful out of our ignorance.

      Best

      Mike

      Message 43 of 43 , Jun 8, 2008

        Okay, okay okay:) whew to be again like in the old days is not such a bad thing is what I think...anyhows here is something from the same page:

        "The respective advantages of each of these is that the H shape preserves the notion of three pillars that supposedly "support the temple", while the A tree preserves the equilateral triangle shape. (Note the zig-zagging red line on the A tree. This follows the succesive spheres, and is described as looking like a lightning bolt.)

        Mixing Metaphors

        As I pointed out earlier, the Tree of Life legend is based on, and analogous to, the model of Jacob's Ladder; but as you well know a tree is not a ladder. A E Waite addresses this issue in his "A New Encyclopedia of Freemasonry" (p 409):

        Dottie: Now, who's ladder are we climbing? And who is it that we, as we tread this path, take up with us? Oh boy.

        From: dottie zold <dottie_z@...>
        To: anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Sunday, June 8, 2008, 12:05 PM

        In case you didn't go to the second page:)

        http://web.newsguy.com/bigbytes/dc_cathedral/cathedral10.htm