Re: Deep Questions with Peter Staudenmaier

  • val2160
    Message 1 of 3 , May 16, 2008
      Here's another good question:

      "Thinking a bit more, I don't understand why Steiner would think those
      things about Hegel. Some Hegel thoughts seem to resemble Steiner, don't
      they?"

      Here is what Staudenmaier himself had to say about that:

      "I agree that Steiner's writings sometimes resemble Hegel's work.
      Steiner's vocabulary and tone were steeped in the traditions of German
      Idealism, and Hegel was one of the leading Idealists (though Steiner
      was always more favorable toward Fichte). Steiner's own attitude toward
      Hegel and his philosophy was more positive during the earlier, pre-
      theosophical part of Steiner's career;"