Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Church renewal ? Karl Rahner

  • muskiet
    Message 1 of 5 , May 7, 2008
      Dear Andrei
      We haven't met, but I used to be a part of this list
      many moons ago and some other Anthro lists too
      I even saw my name banded around on the internet
      ehen I googled it - as part of the said Dan and Rita's
      bad talking about us - lol

      However, I wanted to say something
      about the Christian Churches over here (South Africa)
      They are becoming extremely shallow - if I may use the word
      playing badly recorded electronic music in church,
      using video or moviescreens to get the message accross
      The songs that are sung borders on rock, the pastor
      wears an ordinary shirt and trousers, in summer even shorts.
      No rituals whatsoever, and the sermon usually about something
      in the old testament - the Yahweh is truly alive over here.
      If otherwise, it might be from the N.T. but then we learn about Jesus
      not Christ or Jesus Christ etc. I go to the C.C. in Johannesburg -
      over 3 hours away and have a lovely priest,
      is Jewish and comes from a family of preacers:
      1 Roman Catholic priest, 1 theologian, himself -
      a Christian Community priest and ex-BD farmer
      and his father who is orthodox Jewish
      Now what do you make of that?
      In any case, I try and go to Johhannesburg for the main festivals
      otherwise I play myself some good and solid classical stuff
      Of course, has to be eletronic - but I just say: Ahriman, spannt an!
      the way Aaron (my priest with his lovely sense of humour)
      told me the priests in Germany shout with great gusto
      before they tackle their computers for some (probably) Christian writing.
      engemi

      Message 2 of 5 , May 8, 2008
        Catholic Sisters are getting on the band wagon with the new consciousness stuff, quantum, zero point etc. Catholics are writing books about the new cosmology and why it is necessary in order to live in a sustainable world. Ecological theology--process theologies--are the recent theologies they are incorporating into the old, dualistic, previously reductionistic ways of interpreting our universe. It is exciting to discover all of this going on in some Catholic Universities. The College of St. Catherine in the Twin Cities is one of them. I am there bringing up Steiner who knows maybe they will start taking a better look at him. Chantel

        Message 3 of 5 , May 10, 2008

          Hi Chantel and friends,

          It seems to me that when these sisters pick up the pieces that are missing, they will be led out of the Catholic Church. Freedom does not exist in it and in any case, if we believe in reincarnation it seems to me that when they return they will not be Catholics in the sense that they have found themselves in today. They will find themselves in something that really is the true understanding of 'Universal' for all man. Not for some church. But for each individual I Am that has been birthed or is being birthed that will not call one Church its home.

          All good things, and my thoughts,

          Dottie